account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Marshmallow issues

SOLVED
Adept
Message 31 of 34
Message 31 of 34

Re: Marshmallow issues

Are we going to get updates after 6.0. 6.0.1 or something like that? Or has Sony stopped giving update to Xperia c5 ultra dual after 6.0 completely?

Xperia c5 ultra dual is just a year and 4 months old. Then why are we not getting android 7 update? Can't all users of this phone can request Sony for the update?
Highlighted
Message 32 of 34
Message 32 of 34

I was upset because Sony completely stop update on C5 Ultra Dual after android 6 marshmallow. Its time for me to go for other smartphone brand (Nokia?) after long time be a Sony user (11th Sony device now).
One time poster
Message 33 of 34
Message 33 of 34

I actually,logged on website to ask this..if xperia will have at least one more update,i recommend users with some problems,to download the MM rom and flash instead of keep the updates,i dont have anny problems here,cheers.

Genius
Message 34 of 34
Message 34 of 34

If C5 is probably not going to be update may be related to MTK not providing drivers and libraries for Nougat or because the chipset is not compatible with Vulkan.. If the latter is the case then it's on Google as they are putting more strict requirements...

If then the issue is Sony... More than say Shame on you, Sony... But I will still buy another Xperia because in all honesty their phones are really good. But still... Shame on you Sony haha 😂

» If you find that an answer helped, say thanks and give kudos Slightly smiling Face

Wizardry is the key!