account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia C4 how to find CONTACTS? Android 5.1

SOLVED
Visitor
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Xperia C4 how to find CONTACTS? Android 5.1

I've imported a lot of contacts into my phone, both manually and automatically from Google. However, I don't see ANY place to "look through/page through" a list of contacts to call. The phone page has only the list of Recent Calls, pictures of Favorites on top, and the dial pad below in the middle. 

However, when I dial in a number (of a contact saved in the phone) it doesn't find or pull up any contacts. Later, if a person does call me from a saved number, it does show their name associated with the number automatically, so I KNOW the contacts are in the phone. Similarly; I enter in a number manually and then SAVE it to contacts. I then try to dial the number or find the name using the keypad and no contact is found. 

My Xperia C4 is E5306, Android 5.1 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Emperor
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Xperia C4 how to find CONTACTS? Android 5.1

@BeeKee

Open the contacts (phone > tap on the icon on the top right corner) > menu > filter 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Emperor
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

@BeeKee

Open the contacts (phone > tap on the icon on the top right corner) > menu > filter 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

View solution in original post

Visitor
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

To clarify for others, on the Recent Calls page, the icon is the human shape with a magnifying glass (*search contacts) just to the left of the upper right menu [three horizontal bars]. 

THEN the contacts page opens. That page has a menu upper right [three horizontal bars] that open a menu. One of these is filter. I had to go down and find the All Contacts item. Select it and the Contacts then appear back on the Search Contacts screen! 

THANKS for the help!

Emperor
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Anytime

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Re: Xperia C4 dual not updated

How to update my Xperia C4 dual