account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia C4 Dual - Rebooting when connected to charger

Learner
Message 1 of 40
Message 1 of 40

Xperia C4 Dual - Rebooting when connected to charger

Hi,

I am facing a very weird issue with C4 dual. Whenever, I am connecting my phone to charger for charging, the boot boots, Xperia logo apprears and phone shutt off. Again, the same thing gets repeated.

I have tried using different chargers but the problem still persists. Its very annoying and irriating. 

Could any one help me out what exactly is the matter? Its the hardware problem or something else?? I am not able to use my phone since it is not getting charged?

Regards

Hardik

39 REPLIES 39
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 40
Message 2 of 40

Re: Xperia C4 Dual - Rebooting when connected to charger

Hi,

That sounds strange. When you say different chargers, do you mean both cable and adapter? Have you tried different wall sockets?

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Message 3 of 40
Message 3 of 40

Is it the original charger?

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Message 4 of 40
Message 4 of 40

By any chance have u ever tried to play with charging port of mobile like u pressed charging port hardly or some other make charging pin u inserted in your mobile?

Also just for my info trust u have not any voltage fluctuations issue?
Learner
Message 5 of 40
Message 5 of 40

Hi Hampus,

Yes, I have used to OEM's cable+charger, also tried charger+cable cord of other company as well (samsung and htc).

I have used usb charging from PC as well as wall socket method but he problem persists. After continuoulsy trying connecting and disconnecting chord from mobile, sometimes phone detects and charges. But the moment, I disturb the positioning, it again goes back to same old mode (switch off and rebooting).

I backed up all my data yesterday and did factory reset thinking it might be software issue. Still not resolved.

Any suggestion would be highly appreciated.

Regards

Hardi

Learner
Message 6 of 40
Message 6 of 40

Hi Amit,

Not i haven't pressed the mobile usb hardly. No votlage fluctuation as far as I can recall.

Thanks

Regards

Learner
Message 7 of 40
Message 7 of 40

Yes, it is the original charger

Regards

Hardi

Message 8 of 40
Message 8 of 40

From when this problem started?
I guess there is port issue and nees to replace.

Please contact your local SC.

Learner
Message 9 of 40
Message 9 of 40

Hi Amit,

It started 5 days ago... last 3 months it was fine....

Message 10 of 40
Message 10 of 40

Thanks good to know.
I suspect port malfunction. Pls check with local Sony SC