account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Software updated failed

SOLVED
Learner
Message 11 of 25
Message 11 of 25

Re: Software updated failed

Done the repairing. Everything works fine now, but I lost all my contacts and my stuff. That's the problem.

Visitor
Message 12 of 25
Message 12 of 25

Hi,

Same problem as others. My phone got stuck with an error droid logo when update to 5.1.

That's bad I'm currently trying to do a software repair and getting ready for the long process of reconfiguring everything again!...

Bad, bad, bad....

C.

Visitor
Message 13 of 25
Message 13 of 25

Alright. I finally repaired my device with PC companion.

I'm now back to lolipop 5.0 with a blank device and some configuring ahead, bye bye pictures!..

C.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 14 of 25
Message 14 of 25

Re: Software Update problem

@Krish06

You can repair the phones software by downloading and installing Bridge for Mac in your Mac. You can find a step by step instruction on how to repair the phones software using Bridge for Mac here: http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/How-to-perform-a-software-repair/m-p/1061296#M25.

I'm afraid the software repair will delete all data in your phone but when the phone doesn't start, i'm afraid there's no way to access the data in it.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Rookie
Message 15 of 25
Message 15 of 25

Finally manage to repair...This is too bad Sony.....Lost some of the contacts....But back to 5.0 and not 5.1...Whay is that @Rickard?

One time poster
Message 16 of 25
Message 16 of 25

Hey,

How do i get past step 10? the prepare stage. i cant press the power button and volume button at the same time, it doesnt do anything if the cable is in the pc. i pressed the ''i need help, the instruction doesnt work'' button, but there isnt any help there either.

please help.

Apprentice
Message 17 of 25
Message 17 of 25

Hi Richard ! I did it and it worked.Still sad that i've l'ont m'y games data but it's okay. I do have one new problem, I cannot take selfies because I don't have any acess to m'y front camera..
Highlighted
Rookie
Message 18 of 25
Message 18 of 25

Nowadays, it is Xperia companion that does the job.

Fast and easy !

My phone is up and running again !

Learner
Message 19 of 25
Message 19 of 25

Software update failure

My phone is Xperia c4 dual
It was notified for new software update
After downloading it, i tried to install, the phone restarted and the installation failed please help.
Sony Xperia Support
Message 20 of 25
Message 20 of 25

Re: Software update failure

Hi @Mahmoudhsn, sorry to hear that.

Are you still able to use your device? If yes then you can try clearing data for the Software Update app then search for updates and try to update again. You can clear data for this in Settings > Apps > [menu] > Show system > Software Update > Storage > Clear data.

If you have access to a PC you can also update by using Xperia Companion. You just need to connect your device and Xperia Companion should automatically search for any new available updates.

I hope this helps, feel free to let me know. Slightly smiling Face

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.