account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

No sms chat service

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

No sms chat service

Hello there can't seem to find option to switch from Sms to chat settings in menu ?

Anyone help here 

Cheers 

1 REPLY 1
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: No sms chat service

Hi @J777, let me see if I can give you some information here. 

Rich Communication Services (RCS) is a messaging standard designed to replace SMS. It is also marketed as Advanced Messaging, Advanced Communications, joyn, Message+, and SMS+. RCS is provided by mobile operators, and it's supported by Android devices using the Android Messages app from Google.

With the RCS standard, a number of functionalities are added to the messaging application on your device.  For example, RCS allows you to attach high-resolution pictures, videos and audio to your messages, and enables you to chat with other RCS users. If the person that receives the message doesn't have RCS support, the message is converted into an SMS/MMS message.

Xperia C4 does not have Android Messages as standard and can't use this unfortunately. 

Let me know if there is any more questions. 

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.