account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Battery Error and Flickering Display [HELP]

Visitor
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Battery Error and Flickering Display [HELP]

So, i recently upgraded my xperia c4 to android 6.0 then the problems begin. It begin when i charge my phone then my phone suddenly turn off itself. And when i try to reconnect with charger (the phone still off) it only show the sony logo, again and again and didn't charge the battery. Then i unplugged the charger, try to turn on my phone and the battery is 90% and after that i use it like usual then when the battery reach 70% it suddenly dropped fast to 0% i try to charged my phone but like before it only show the sony logo, turrn off again, then show the sony logo again, turn off again. I try to turn on my phone again and when i see the battery %, the battery still in 70%.

This happen over and over again, so i searched for this problem and it say to try forced shut down the phone so i try it. But after i pushed the power button and volume up at the same time for a while (more than 1 minute) it didn't vibrate three times like it should but the phone turned off, so i release the button and turning on my phone and then i see the edge of my phone display flickering Slightly frowning Face how to overcome this problem, please help Slightly frowning Face

4 REPLIES 4
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Battery Error and Flickering Display [HELP]

Hi @Carint176,

Welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear about your experience. Slightly frowning Face

Because of the flickering display, it appears you are experiencing a hardware issue. I recommend you contact your Local support team to arrange an assessment. They can look at the battery issue while they have it too.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Visitor
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

[UPDATE}

@CameronT

the flickering is gone, is faded as the time goes by, it's just faded. But the battery problem still there, and th charging problem, so yeah my phone battery drain so fast from 100% to 30% in just a few minute without i'm using it, and when i turned off my phone and the turned it on again, the battery % is change, from 30% to 90%
and i haven't contact the local support yet Slightly frowning Face

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

@Carint176,

That's strange. Try running a software repair using Xperia Companion.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Have the same battery error