account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

need help!! stuck at sony logo

One time poster
Message 1 of 32
Message 1 of 32

need help!! stuck at sony logo

Hi all,

im new user xperia c. i just buy 2 day ago. yesterday i recieve notification for update n require connect to computer. during update, its show error. after that, im restart phone n stuck at sony logo.. need help please. 

31 REPLIES 31
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 32
Message 2 of 32

Re: need help!! stuck at sony logo

Hi and welcome to the community! Since you're new please be sure that you have checked out our Discussion guidelines.

I suggest that you try to reinstall the phone software using Update Service..

If the issue should still remain I think that this needs to be examined and fixed at a repair center. For more information about how to submit your phone for repair and where, contact your local support team.

Learner
Message 3 of 32
Message 3 of 32

XPERIA C Stuck at SONY start up logo (already tried hard reset/reset button)

phone's stuck for almost an hour now at the SONY logo, i tried resetting by pressing volume up and power, it vibrated but still could not start the phone properly, i also tried the reset at the back of the phone, but the same result.

need any help to resolve this on my own before i hand this phone to the service center.

appreciate any help. thank you.

Learner
Message 4 of 32
Message 4 of 32

got the same problem.. tried the suggestion above.. it could not detect the phone.

Master
Message 5 of 32
Message 5 of 32

Make sure that the phone is completely turned off when connecting to PC and Update Service. Use the OFF button on the backside to turn the phone off. 

Also connect it to PC using another USB port. Perhaps you can try using another USB cable but make sure that you have tried with the USB cable that came with the phone. 

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

Learner
Message 6 of 32
Message 6 of 32

thank you very much, i was able to start the phone properly and at the same time have its latest update. :smileysmileythumbsup:

Visitor
Message 7 of 32
Message 7 of 32

I have the same problem. And I tried the same procedure you guys have recommended. But it does not seem to work . Firstly, I would like to know which OFF button on the back are you referring to??? Is it the reset button? or is there any other button apart from the metallic off button on the side that has escaped my eyes. I am very frustrated right now, I have had the phone for less than a month and this has happend. Anyhow, the phone does not switch off at all , even if i try the hard reset or the reset button below the sim card slots. It just comes back to the Sony logo on the screen with in a second. The power button seems to have no effect on anything. So if you could please enlighten me to any other ways of switching it off. The nearest Sony Service station is a 3 hour drive away(one way) from my current location. VERY VERY disappointed. PLEASE HELP!

Demigod
Message 8 of 32
Message 8 of 32

Hi Gamechanger,

Check this link (Sony Xperia C - user guide) and look at the second picture below, there is a OFF Button.

http://userguide.sonymobile.com/referrer.php?region=gb&product=xperia-c#!Turning-on-or-off-the-devic...

Also you can try to press and hold "Power Button" and "Volume Up" at the same time about 10 seconds(3 vibrates), just to make sure that your phone is completly turned off.

After that > connect the phone with wall charger and charge the battery 2 hours > repair/re-install your software using Sony Update Service as Johan already recommended.

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/tools/update-service/

Cheers.

There is nothing impossible to him who will try.  A. t. G. (356BC - 323BC)

Visitor
Message 9 of 32
Message 9 of 32

Hi there,

Thanks for the reply. I have already tried that button on the back aka reset button. What happens is that the phone refuses to shut down. As soon as i let go of that button, it powers back on and the screen shows the sony logo again..within a second ( as i have already mentioned in my first post).(Though I gave it another shot as recommneded by yourself;to no avail) Its the 3rd day i have been trying to sort this out. Even if i let the battery drain, to let the phone switch itself off, as soon as i plug in the charger, it comes back to the sony logo. Never imagined i would begin hating the logo so much. Sony has been my favorite brand for years, but this is just...well...heartbreaking to say the least.  Just to remind you, this is a new handset, less than a month old.

Anyways, to summarize-

1. Cannot switch off the phone using the power button.
  2. Cannot switch off the using the reset/off button on the back.
  3. Even if the battery is drained, the phone goes back to the Sony logo as soon as the charger is plugged in.
  4. Hard reset does not work either.

Anyother work arounds? Or is it time I make the 3 hour drive to the service center??

Appreciate the help!

Demigod
Message 10 of 32
Message 10 of 32

@Gamechanger wrote:

Hi there,

Thanks for the reply. I have already tried that button on the back aka reset button. What happens is that the phone refuses to shut down. As soon as i let go of that button, it powers back on and the screen shows the sony logo again..within a second ( as i have already mentioned in my first post).(Though I gave it another shot as recommneded by yourself;to no avail) Its the 3rd day i have been trying to sort this out. Even if i let the battery drain, to let the phone switch itself off, as soon as i plug in the charger, it comes back to the sony logo. Never imagined i would begin hating the logo so much. Sony has been my favorite brand for years, but this is just...well...heartbreaking to say the least.  Just to remind you, this is a new handset, less than a month old.

Anyways, to summarize-

1. Cannot switch off the phone using the power button.
  2. Cannot switch off the using the reset/off button on the back.
  3. Even if the battery is drained, the phone goes back to the Sony logo as soon as the charger is plugged in.
  4. Hard reset does not work either.

Anyother work arounds? Or is it time I make the 3 hour drive to the service center??

Appreciate the help!

Have you tried to take out the battery for a few minutes in order to turned off your phone?

EDIT: Sony Xperia C has an embedded battery(non-removable). Forget about this suggestion, I'm sorry.

There is nothing impossible to him who will try.  A. t. G. (356BC - 323BC)