account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Not charging

Highlighted
Learner
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Not charging

Xperia C Won't Charge when turned On

3 REPLIES 3
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Not charging

Hi @Reham2, let me see if I can help out here.

Have you tried using different chargers/cables in order to see if it is the charger/cable that is malfunctioning? Make sure that you are using an original Sony charger and USB cable specifically intended for charging your device. Other chargers may be too weak or too strong as they may have a different electric current rating (mA). It is recommended that you use a charger that is plugged into a wall socket instead of using a computer (and USB cable) to charge your device.

Also, try to reboot your phone in safe mode to see if the charging works better there. All apps downloaded from Play store is temporarily deactivated while in safe mode and by doing this, you can see if this behaviour is caused by a downloaded app. For more information on safe mode and how to use it, click here

Try these measures to begin with and feel free to keep me posted with the results! 

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Learner
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

I did all of these no working

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Thank you @Reham2 for the quick reply! 

In that case I believe that the best thing to do is to get in contact with your local support team in order to have the phone sent to an authorized service center. If you have any questions regarding the service such as service routines, warranty and consumer laws, these kind of questions are best answered by your local support team as well.

Have a nice day and a great weekend! 

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.