account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place end of February
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

Internal memory problem with xperia c

One time poster
Message 41 of 195
Message 41 of 195

Re: Storage space running out problem

the best solution that i come up with is to root your device and move preinstalled apps using link2sd , it will solve this issue ,also this issue is in all 4GB internal memory android devices not only sony .

One time poster
Message 42 of 195
Message 42 of 195

Hi,
It's been 9 months I am using Xperia C. Currently I am facing a problem such that on device memory freespace is 110 MB out of 1Gb.
Update has come for apps like Facebook, hangouts, office suite,line Messaging,Google play games etc.
phone is not allowing to update any of the above app either size of that app is minimum 2MB.
I am having still lot of free memory, but it's not allowing it to update.
does anyone facing same problem? Please let me know if anyone has solution.
should I factory reset my phone?
Please help
Visitor
Message 43 of 195
Message 43 of 195

Storage 😔
Rookie
Message 44 of 195
Message 44 of 195

I think thats a temporary issue. Pls clear the cache and stop unwanted running programs that may affect the phone's functions.
Xperia team will have to address this issue if it is repetative in nature
Rookie
Message 45 of 195
Message 45 of 195

Agree. Thumbs up
TNG
One time poster
Message 46 of 195
Message 46 of 195

Insufficient Storage to Update apps

I am also facing the same problem of insufficient storage to update apps even though I have chosen the default location as SD card which has morethan 6 GB memory. Did not find any solution for this in the forum

One time poster
Message 47 of 195
Message 47 of 195

Re: Internal memory problem with xperia c

some where they have suggested to add partitions via link Link2sd for the downloads of the apps. itself the wizard not seem feasible, as its require de-bugging of usb connection and the same is also not available in.

@Xperia_Rose wrote:

Why did sony have to separate the phones storage? My xperia c is showing 3 storage "Device Memory 0.98GB", "SD Card 29.95GB", "Internal Storage 1.21GB". It seems my Internal storage is not being used, all of my Apps are directly installed on the Device Memory, even if I use the "Preferred install location" and set it to the SD Card, the Device Memory still fills up very fast and the Internal Storage is empty. I've done several factory reset and still have the same issues. This is a really big problem with the phone, users can only install few Apps on the phone. Please sony, can you do a major update on the phone to fix this. Thanks!

One time poster
Message 48 of 195
Message 48 of 195

Dev.. Join the Device and internal memory.. We all be happy.. 200mB internal memory will be fine too, just make atleast 1.5gB reserved for app storage..
0_2
One time poster
Message 49 of 195
Message 49 of 195

Insufficient Storage to Update apps

When ever i am downloading from play store,its showing error as insufficient space on your drive.But ther is a lot of free space in my phone and device memory..so what to do to solve this problem..i already disabled the playstore then enabled again and i cleared the cache too..so please help me out..Thank You..!Crying Face

Adept
Message 50 of 195
Message 50 of 195

same here