account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Internal memory problem with xperia c

Rookie
Message 1 of 195
Message 1 of 195

Internal memory problem with xperia c

Why did sony have to separate the phones storage? My xperia c is showing 3 storage "Device Memory 0.98GB", "SD Card 29.95GB", "Internal Storage 1.21GB". It seems my Internal storage is not being used, all of my Apps are directly installed on the Device Memory, even if I use the "Preferred install location" and set it to the SD Card, the Device Memory still fills up very fast and the Internal Storage is empty. I've done several factory reset and still have the same issues. This is a really big problem with the phone, users can only install few Apps on the phone. Please sony, can you do a major update on the phone to fix this. Thanks!

194 REPLIES 194
Emperor
Message 2 of 195
Message 2 of 195

Re: Internal memory problem with xperia c

Check the cache on your apps

settings > apps > all > menu > size > tap on the top apps and clear the cache 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Rookie
Message 3 of 195
Message 3 of 195

Clearing the cache is only a small solution to this problem, it would only clear up 100MB on the 0.98GB Device memory.

And it is still not the 4GB you would expect on the phone. I know the system is getting a portion of the 4GB, but at least it would give you 2GB full storage not 2 separate 1GB.

Message 4 of 195
Message 4 of 195

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/Memory-in-Android-devices/m-p/348064#U348064

Read this.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Apprentice
Message 5 of 195
Message 5 of 195

I dont think they will consider changing how the internal memory is currently setup on this phone. Im selling mine now
Visitor
Message 6 of 195
Message 6 of 195

Sony has done great job, replacing internal memory with sd card, Now i can move downloaded app from device memory to directly 32 GB class 10 Nitro sd card which is used as internal memory, I can install 3 gb sized single file game without any problem on Xperia C. If you are getting 32GB as internal why you are panic about 1.2gb internal memory, let it be wasted. Buy 32 GB card and use it as internal memory and have fun.

Apprentice
Message 7 of 195
Message 7 of 195

Really? Try installing most of the google apps and you'll see what i mean. Is this the first time you used an android phone? I dont care about even 10gb size games, i know that can be moved to sdcard. What about apps that cant be saved to sd? And do you know that even if you move the game to sdcard that there will still be some space used from the internal memory?
Message 8 of 195
Message 8 of 195

Especially widgets. Widgets have to be in internal memory to be applied. And here's the one thing that really disappointed me: I purchased the season pass for the Walking Dead game, but when I download, the episode data stays with the app in the internal memory. It's not transferable to SD. And that gave me thoughts to buy a new phone. What a downer.
----"Everything changes positively once you replace your iPhone with a mid-range Android."----
Rookie
Message 9 of 195
Message 9 of 195

Sorry for the late reply guys. This is the scenario on my phone right now. What I don't understand is why my internal storage is not being used by the system or apps. All data are saved on the device memory. And also, some 3rd party apps also detect my phone to have only 1GB of storage/memory. see below.

NOT BEING USED by the system

Screenshot_2014-04-17-20-46-18.png

1GB of device memory where all of the apps are being saved

Screenshot_2014-04-17-20-47-19.png

My 32GB microSD Card

Screenshot_2014-04-17-20-47-39.png

Antutu Benchmark detects only 1GB of storage/memory

Screenshot_2014-04-17-21-20-58.png

CPU-Z aslo detects 1GB of storage/memory

Screenshot_2014-04-17-21-23-51.png

One time poster
Message 10 of 195
Message 10 of 195

Xperia C2305 Device Memory

On my XPeria C2305 Device memory getting full for install new apps. I have inserted SD Card and change preffred install location to SD Card for new apps. And moved apps on SD Card. But when i want to install more apps its showing error 909, memory full. I want to isntall more apps on my device, but can,t for this error. Please help me want to install more apps on Xperiac2305. 

Further, the internal storage of XPeria C2305 is 4 GB but it is showing only 0.98 GB why?