account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Internal memory problem with xperia c

Visitor
Message 21 of 195
Message 21 of 195

Re: Storage space running out problem

Sony team---- Awaiting a reply from you..... please provide the solution or die...

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 22 of 195
Message 22 of 195

storage memory is full

hi i'm joshaeliton,

i got my new phone, experia c last may 13, 2014...since then i always see in the status bar that the storage memory is getting full...

i bought 16g sd card. still i see in the status bar that the memory is full.. i already updated my xperia c..

what should i do.

rrm
Inhabitant
Message 23 of 195
Message 23 of 195

Re: storage memory is full

Yes storage memory full is a big problem as SONY has restricted device memory used for application to .99GB and kept 1.2 gb internal memory separate which is not the case as seen in all samsung phones causing a big problem for installationg applications. I am really feed up and tired of deinstallating applications to upgrade my priority applications. The only solution is delete now , added on google and sony applications are not transferrable to SDCARD which does take lot of space.

They need to merge the device & Internal memory otherise the phone is really a headache now. Except of this the phone is good.

Emperor
Message 24 of 195
Message 24 of 195

Settings > apps > menu > size > select the app > move it to SD card, it seems that the Xperia C has this feature 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Rookie
Message 25 of 195
Message 25 of 195

Any solution for this problem, anybody know whether Sony will merge these memories any time soon.

Emperor
Message 26 of 195
Message 26 of 195

highly unlikely 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Message 27 of 195
Message 27 of 195

Xperia C internal memory full

Hi.

I think either Sony has no solution to the problem which I am going to state or it is simply ducking the problem.

Many others have got this problem without any solution to it.

So let me once again tell the problem in details if anybody has any problems in understanding any problem.

I am a new user to Xperia C and I dont have one single media file on my phone and infact all the default media files which came with the phone I have deleted it.

Now since being a new user and after emptying space and using a 4GB sd card which is empty i tried updating all the default app(many of them not needed) which came preinstalled with the phone and while doing that it gave me an error saying that The memory is full.

Now these apps cant be move to internal memory or to SD card and hence i cant even have all the apps updated which came by default.

Now for all the Team Members of Sony can you please help us in solving this problem or getting us our refund back so that we dont have to deal with this frustrating problem.

I hope I am clear in my words and would lead to a solution which wont beat around the bush which I have seen in similar other post.

rrm
Inhabitant
Message 28 of 195
Message 28 of 195

Internal and device pl merge

PL pl pl merge internal and device memory really tired and fedup of erasing applications for upgrades also now.

Planning to junk ths phone only for this problem....do something or can some one from sony respond at least if having any plans or not

All other options have been tried...sdcard etc.

One time poster
Message 29 of 195
Message 29 of 195

Re: Xperia C internal memory full

Guya am facing the same problem.... Please provide soution if any at the earliest

Visitor
Message 30 of 195
Message 30 of 195

Re: Storage space running out problem

I bought Xperia C on February this year and now facing the same problem.