account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Internal memory problem with xperia c

Message 11 of 195
Message 11 of 195

Re: Xperia C2305 Device Memory

That is left from 4GB after the OS takes its part:

Memory comprises approximately 1.2 GB of firmware, plus 2.0 GB of “Internal Storage” for downloaded
applications, music, pictures and movies, and some application data.

Read more here:

http://www-support-downloads.sonymobile.com/c2305/whitepaper_EN_c2305_xperia_c.pdf

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

rrm
Inhabitant
Message 12 of 195
Message 12 of 195

It's a major problem with only. 99gb for device memory, so been suggesting to add the 1.2gb internal also to device memory and solve the issue, I hope Sony listening
Message 13 of 195
Message 13 of 195

yeah hope that changed in the next major update

Message 14 of 195
Message 14 of 195

True. Since it only offered 1GB of device memory, Sony should've expected that EVERY Xperia C owner will 100% use an SD card. I agree that they should re-allocate the device memory to internal memory.
----"Everything changes positively once you replace your iPhone with a mid-range Android."----
Highlighted
Message 15 of 195
Message 15 of 195

Off topic:

Really like your signature,WOLOLO2Android.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Message 16 of 195
Message 16 of 195

Why thank you sir. Slightly smiling Face
----"Everything changes positively once you replace your iPhone with a mid-range Android."----
rrm
Inhabitant
Message 17 of 195
Message 17 of 195

In fact to make space in device memory i have disabled many existing applications.

The worst issue is all Sony & Andriod updates dont happen on the SD card for which I have to delete some existing application to make space.

eg for movies & walkman update, both wanted space on Device memory henc had to delete other applications.

I wonder why google and sony both insistant on update in device memory only!!!

One time poster
Message 18 of 195
Message 18 of 195

Storage space running out problem

Dear Xperi Team,

A very warm afternmoon to you... I never wanted to be here, but came here with some serious problem of storage in Xperia C.

Dont know a compnay like SONY how can be so ignorant about customer issues. I gone thorugh your forum and found that I am not the single one having this Storage issue problem, there are many customers of SONY who are facing the same issue and regulary raising their issue with SONY  but still no exact solution from SONY. Its very mental harashing/frustration  for customers of SONY. SONY should think very seriously about how to resolve this Storage issue at the eraliest to win the trust of their customer.

I would like to inform you that earleir I was using SAMSUNG & recently bought Xperia C with a tought of SONY XPERIA being better than Samsung, but I was very dissapointed within 2 days of buying this new phone as I could not install all my required apps in SONY XPERIA, which I was using earlier in my SMASUNG handset.

I am using an exteranl SD card of 32 GB, but it seems its uselees as device memory is running out of space and its not allowing to install/upgrade any application from Google Play.

Looking for an earlier resolution/Suggestion from Xperia team, because all earlier feedback from XPERIA team regarding this issue is USELESS.

Your early response will be highly appriciated and honured.

Forum Legend
Message 19 of 195
Message 19 of 195

Re: Storage space running out problem

As has been said many time on many different threads here - It's not Sony that is the problem but Google - They are the one's who removed the feature to transfer apps etc to SD for many reason of which if you do a google search you will find them, However the way around this is to Root your device and install Link2SD, Find a guide here on how to use the app but rooting differs on different devices so rooting your C may be different than what is mentioned in the link previous

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Visitor
Message 20 of 195
Message 20 of 195

Re: Storage space running out problem

Dear thanks for your concern. But I would like to inform you that I already have used andriod on Samsung devices, where there is only one Device memory available (As in SONY its 2 types of memory,1 Device memory & 2nd Internal memory) and its very easy to use andriod on samsung devices, then why its so difficult on SONY XPERIA C.

Here in SONY the 2nd memory that is internal memory of 1.2GB is totaly unused, I can't understand whats the main reason for keeping these two memory different.

So I disagree with your suggestion that Google is not allowing for transfer, and if its so, then SONY should keep a single memory called DEVICE MEMORY, so that rest of 1,2GB memory can be used.

Your suggestion was for Rooting my device and installing Link2SD, that is not a very good suggestion as it would void my warrenty period. SO better SONY should realese some firmware upgrade where its possible to merge two memory (Internal memory and Device memory) into a single memory, so that end user can use 1.2GB of memory.

Looking forward for a proper resolution from SONY team, if its google's problem then SONY should take forward with google as many users compalining this issue.