account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Internal memory problem with xperia c

One time poster
Message 161 of 195
Message 161 of 195

Re: storage memory is full

we sure know about this option the problem is there is some apps can't be moved to sd card like facebook and sony apps which takes alot os space so thats the big deal

Rookie
Message 162 of 195
Message 162 of 195

Re: Internal memory problem with xperia c

I have a Sony Experia C2305 dual sim running Android 4.2.2 Build 16.0.B.2.16. I have gone through the Sony White Paper whitepaper_EN_c2305_xperia_c.pdf. My problem is as follows:

RAM 621MB used 352MB free

DEVICE MEMORY Total space 0.98GB Available 170MB Apps 621 MB

Internal Storage 1.21GB 1.20 Available.

According the document cited above I should have 2.0GB or thereabouts available from 4 GB after 1.2GB of firmware is accounted for.

All my pictures, documents, videos, music are stored in a 32GB external card

If I add up Device Memory+InternalStorage I get 2GB but then why is Internal storage eternally empty?

I am fed up of Storage memory running out warnings. Only by deleting Facebook could I get upto 170MB free in Device Memory. Google Play Services takes up huge space. I am unable to update apps leave alone install new ones.

I have no games. I use only about 4 to 5 Apps.

Solution?

One time poster
Message 163 of 195
Message 163 of 195

device memory problem

Xperia c2305
Forum Legend
Message 164 of 195
Message 164 of 195

Re: device memory problem

and the problem is?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Visitor
Message 165 of 195
Message 165 of 195

This is exactly why Sony phones dont sell in europe and america. These guys made us fools in india and china.
One time poster
Message 166 of 195
Message 166 of 195

Merging of internal and device memory

If Sony hear us pls merge both the memories not for free... Most of the people are ready to pay for this particular update...

Thats a better option than recycling this mobile
One time poster
Message 167 of 195
Message 167 of 195

I have a major and similar issue on the internal Storage on xperia c it's running out of space even after changing proffered install location to sd card
One time poster
Message 168 of 195
Message 168 of 195

Help me,with my storage problem of Xperia c... Plzzz
One time poster
Message 169 of 195
Message 169 of 195

please help to install more apps in my Xperia c2305... it is showing not storage space running out..bt that is not used pproperly...

Highlighted
rrm
Inhabitant
Message 170 of 195
Message 170 of 195

Just remember to remove the rooting software for safety after doing all the work

@rrm wrote:

Solution for Device memory issues tried by me Install root installer software-Frameroot or Kinguser (preferred). Once installed check with root checker basic to confirm rooting. Use Link2SD card and give root access when asked. The major ones are chrome, you tube, maps which one needs to (using Link2SD) uninstall, convert to user app. Reset to remove or uninstall after reset. Reinstall with option of storage as per system requirement ( or will not install). Once done can use Lind2SD and shift to SD. Gives lot of space. Also googleplay update uninstall to upgrade as for some reason does not otherwise upgrade or help add new apps when on the upgraded version.