account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Error downloading(Play Store)

SOLVED
Adviser
Message 1 of 16
Message 1 of 16

Error downloading(Play Store)

Whenever I'm about to update or download any app, play store keeps showing “Error downloading “(name of app)”. There is insufficient space on the device." I still have 14gb available space on my sd card and I already erased EVERYTHING on the internal storage but when I tried to download, it's still the same. I still can't update or download any app on play store.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Adviser
Message 2 of 16
Message 2 of 16

Error downloading on playstore SOLVED!

You just have to uninstall updates of playstore on your phone. And you'll be able to download or update apps again. It's playstore's fault not sony. Haha.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Adviser
Message 2 of 16
Message 2 of 16

Error downloading on playstore SOLVED!

You just have to uninstall updates of playstore on your phone. And you'll be able to download or update apps again. It's playstore's fault not sony. Haha.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 16
Message 3 of 16

Re: Error downloading on playstore SOLVED!

how do you that ? bc im facing the same problem

Message 4 of 16
Message 4 of 16

Settings-apps-all,first try to clear data and check again.If still not working,uninstall updates.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Adviser
Message 5 of 16
Message 5 of 16

Re: Error downloading(Play Store)

Go to settings-> apps-> playstore-> uninstall updates. That's it! You can already update or download any app again.
Visitor
Message 6 of 16
Message 6 of 16

Me too Slightly frowning Face(((
One time poster
Message 7 of 16
Message 7 of 16

Thanx this is solve dowloding error immediately...
One time poster
Message 8 of 16
Message 8 of 16

Thanks a lot for solving this problem of insufficient space on device...

Regards,

Ritaabh

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 9 of 16
Message 9 of 16

Hi

I have uninstalled the playstore updates. I have 4 GB Space in SD card. My device memory is 101 mb.Still having  the same error in downloading ' insufficient space in your device.'

One time poster
Message 10 of 16
Message 10 of 16

I followed all the instructions, still having same problem. I have 250mb free trying to download a game that is 47mb and it's telling me I have insufficient space!