account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Disable predictive text

One time poster
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Disable predictive text

how to remove prediction for sony xperia c phone??

5 REPLIES 5
Master
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: Disable predictive text

Go to settings > language and input > press the settings icon to the right of Xperia keyboard > text input settings > word suggestions > I don't want any help when writing. 

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

One time poster
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

I found this so helpfulSlightly smiling Face may concern now is may phone hang always and one major concern is that the keyboard especially the letter ASDFGHJKL doesn't work one last night the i went to sketch to draw a straight line then suddenly a broken line output come..it means a part of the screen doesn't work properly..Slightly frowning Face

One time poster
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

remove. predictive. text
Genius
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Xperia Keyboard is memory demanding, depending your Android version you may be able to download the gBoard (Google keyboard) which is less memory hungry.

About the display, if that is starting to fail I am sorry you'll have to contact your local support or, considering the age of the original C, maybe it's time for you considering upgrading to a recent model.

» If you find that an answer helped, say thanks and give kudos Slightly smiling Face

Wizardry is the key!
One time poster
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

I have a Z2 mobile. There is no icon to the right of Xperia keyboard in Settings>Language and Input. How do I stop predictive text?