account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Touchscreen issues

Rookie
Message 21 of 40
Message 21 of 40

Re: Touchscreen issues

I figured out what was causing the issue. It is the AVG Protection for Xperia app. This consumes a lot of memory while running in the background, slowing down the phone causing the touchscreen to become unresponsive. Uninstalling it made my phone run like new again and I haven't ran into the issue again. The AVG Cleaner For Xperia app doesn't cause this issue so I recommend getting that.

Learner
Message 22 of 40
Message 22 of 40

I don't have the AVG protection app on my xperia 10 plus but I still keep having this issue with the touchscreen. I've tried a few things in the developer options doesn't seem to help. It has gotten much worst after the recent update it's becoming really hard to use the phone. 

One time poster
Message 23 of 40
Message 23 of 40

Been having this same problem with my sony xperia 10.... Did a couple favtory resets already and the issue is still present. Really frustrating because I am passed the window to return the device. 

Apprentice
Message 24 of 40
Message 24 of 40

The latest software update seemed to fix it, for a week! 😵

Rookie
Message 25 of 40
Message 25 of 40

Thought I got it fixed, but the problem came back. I want to say its a memory issue, but even when closing all of my apps and clearing the memory with cleaner apps, the phone would still freeze at random moments. Sometimes rotating the screen will give me a few seconds of functionality but its incredibly inconvenient and I wish Sony would do something about this already.

One time poster
Message 26 of 40
Message 26 of 40

同樣的問題,我的更頻繁,有時間隔幾秒就會再發生

The same problem, I am more frequent, sometimes it will happen again after a few seconds

gt

Visitor
Message 27 of 40
Message 27 of 40

Started having the same problem 3 days ago. Phone not even a month old. It has never fallen and has never got any water on it

Rookie
Message 28 of 40
Message 28 of 40

I'm having the same problem with my XZ2 Compact. Notice how there has been no response on here from the usual Sony people? This is unacceptable but the norm for Sony.

ibt
One time poster
Message 29 of 40
Message 29 of 40

Any updates on this issue?

I'm facing the same problem.

Learner
Message 30 of 40
Message 30 of 40

Exact problem with my phone. It started after a month. Phone was bought brand new. It already was at servis, they formatted all data and re-installed OS, but that did not solve problem. Touch still freezes at random. I never used any phone except sony and sony-erricsson way back. Now i'm reconsidering.