account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Touchscreen issues

Apprentice
Message 11 of 40
Message 11 of 40

Re: Touchscreen issues

HELLO SONY!!!!! 

THIS IS A BRAND NEW PHONE, WHERE IS THE SUPPORT???? 

Apprentice
Message 12 of 40
Message 12 of 40

Sort this out now

One time poster
Message 13 of 40
Message 13 of 40

I am having the same issue with my Sony Xperia 10" I feel like throwing it against a wall, it is frustrating. 

Message 14 of 40
Message 14 of 40

I got the same problem. Couldn't find a way to make my phone work flawlessly again. I always need to hit the power on/off button and most of the time it works, but sometimes I need to restart the phone.

Is there any official statement on this problem?

Pioneer
Message 15 of 40
Message 15 of 40

Hey,

This stall, is it after picking up the phone?

I mean, a startup problem?

Or does it happen in full duty.

who knows knows
who doesn't doesn't
Pioneer
Message 16 of 40
Message 16 of 40

@pattiandy 

Reading your post I guess the best option is to perform a software repair with Xperia Companion.

Doing so the drivers will be loaded by the program (I suppose)

Goto main menu of this forum, choose information, choose FAQ to find software repair.

Other way of approaching is the Support app, tap user guide, tap support overview and you'll find it there.

who knows knows
who doesn't doesn't
Message 17 of 40
Message 17 of 40

It's not a startup problem. One is using the phone absolutely normal and all of its sudden the touchscreen won't work anymore until it's turned off and on again manually by pressing the on/off button.

Learner
Message 18 of 40
Message 18 of 40

Unresponsive touch screen

So I got the Sony Xperia 10 plus about 2 months ago and for the past couple of weeks I've been having an issue where the touch screen stops responding but if I lock and unlock the phone it starts working agian. I took the phone to best buy where I got it from and they asked me to contact Sony. Not sure what is causing this I tend to not drop my phone often,i wasn't exposed to water just a little bit of splash. 

Learner
Message 19 of 40
Message 19 of 40

Except for unlocked bootloader

Rookie
Message 20 of 40
Message 20 of 40

My phone has been doing the same thing for the past few weeks, but its getting worse each day. Might be an issue with the screen and not software. I'm able to rotate the phone and the screen changes accordingly, but the touchscreen still remains unresponsive. I really hope sony provides a fix soon.