account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Touchscreen issues

Pioneer
Message 31 of 40
Message 31 of 40

Re: Touchscreen issues

It seems this is a real annoying problem touching many users.

Let me guess.

Sony is aware.

Sony will tackle this problem in a forthcoming update.

Hopefully the next update.

who knows knows
who doesn't doesn't
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 32 of 40
Message 32 of 40

Same issue with me, it's been happening the past couple of weeks. The phone is less than 50 days old. 2 year contract on it so incredibly annoying!

Regular
Message 33 of 40
Message 33 of 40

Really need to fix!!! 

Learner
Message 34 of 40
Message 34 of 40

Touch screen not working properly

Rip dude this phone is FREAKING lame, bought it like 4 months ago. Now? When I play arena of valor, the touch screen becomes unresponsive every 10 seconds, if running other apps it becomes unresponsive every 10 minutes. What can I do to solve the software problem? F*ck you sony

Learner
Message 35 of 40
Message 35 of 40

UPDATE: I was experimenting with settings trying to figure if this is software or hardware issue. It seems that problem is, at least temporary, solved. 

Settings - display - advanced - backlight - uncheck "prevent accidental operations..." 

After i turned this off, touchscreen started working perfectly. It was 2 days ago so I hope it will remain solved. 

Learner
Message 36 of 40
Message 36 of 40

THANKS

Now it's back to regularly freezing, it doesn't work

Learner
Message 37 of 40
Message 37 of 40

Yep, same for me. It worked flawlessly for 4-5 days, then same old problems appeared. I think i will just ask for refund, this is unbearable.

One time poster
Message 38 of 40
Message 38 of 40

Same problem, but my phone work fine until a new software update. I don't know what i had before, but now is update to 53.0.A.8.71-R3A and touchscreen work as you all - 10 second death / 1-2 minute work and respond to ON/OFF screen. I really like see some relevant reply from SONY what next. 

I try to factory reset, Software repair from PCComp. , every setting change, uninstal AVG protection and many more, but still do same 

One time poster
Message 39 of 40
Message 39 of 40

I actually took insurance on the phone have really been thinking to brake the screen and have it replaced. And then check if the problem is gone or not. 3 friends om mine same phone same problem. This is pathetic from sony

One time poster
Message 40 of 40
Message 40 of 40

Touch screen

On some apps my touch screen stops working or is slow reacting