account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia so buggy

SOLVED
Message 21 of 25
Message 21 of 25

Re: Xperia so buggy

I managed to sort of fix my problem of the Dark Mode...

I enabled the developer mode and Night Mode was set to always off there! Sony, you need to fix this! The selection in the settings doesn't work with this set to Always Off in developer mode...

This turned some UI elements dark, like the Google search bar, notification drawer and overlay interface elements like the volume...

I also had to switch the keyboard mode to dark manually.

The app drawer and notifications are still white?! This needs to be dark, it's an oled screen for crying out loud. The battery live will be significantly longer if this is sorted.

Highlighted
Talent
Message 22 of 25
Message 22 of 25

Had same issue here and I'm on Vodafone

Solved it by going into apps

Searching for Netflix, disabled updates and then reinstall from app store again.

@viridis wrote:

Ok so it seem you guys having issues are on O2?

So am I, so let me try to install these apps and hopefully I can get it escalated and ultimately solved for you/us 

Sage
Message 23 of 25
Message 23 of 25

If this is confirmed as working, is there any chance of pinning a solution to the Xperia 1 forum - otherwise I will go crazy with every O2 customer posting the same Netflix problem here 😲

Message 24 of 25
Message 24 of 25

@drlmiles wrote:

If this is confirmed as working, is there any chance of pinning a solution to the Xperia 1 forum - otherwise I will go crazy with every O2 customer posting the same Netflix problem here 😲

It's pinned on the Netflix topic on this forum, and I have also posted the fix on the O2 community forum for any users who are on that forum.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Learner
Message 25 of 25
Message 25 of 25

netflix works fine and yes theres one or 2 issues but its a new phone it will get sorted out in updates for sure. I had a samsung s8 and that had loads of bugs too but not now