account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia keyboard doesn't appear in the keyboard settings

SOLVED
Enthusiast
Message 11 of 12
Message 11 of 12

Re: Xperia keyboard doesn't appear in the keyboard settings

On XPERIA 1 and XPERIA 5 Gboard is preinstalled. And it is way better than Swiftkey keyboard. Still not good as XPERIA keyboard.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 12 of 12
Message 12 of 12

Re: Xperia keyboard doesn't appear in the keyboard settings

Hello everyone!

The Xperia keyboard was replaced with Swiftkey starting from the Xperia X-series, however if I'm not mistaken, you could still download the Xperia keyboard from the Google Play store for a while as long as you previously had an Xperia device that had the Xperia keyboard as the default one.

You could then find the Xperia keyboard in the "app library" in the Google Play store since it was installed on your previous device and you could install it that way.

I can't remember exactly how long this worked, but the Xperia keyboard is still available in the Google Play store on earlier devices, such as the Xperia Z5-series but it has not been updated for quite some time.

I never liked Swiftkey and always used a different keyboard, however Gboard works very well and is way closer to the Xperia keyboard than Swiftkey is, at least in my opinion.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.