account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia 1 problem solving & tips

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 11 of 16
Message 11 of 16

Re: Xperia 1 problem solving & tips

I used Xperia companion software repair for the overheating issue recording video at 60fps and looks like it worked. No more issues with overheating. In fact the auto focus hunting/speed seems to have improved also. At first I thought it was the most recent update that fixed it but some claim it was only for security reasons. 

Inhabitant
Message 12 of 16
Message 12 of 16

(AKA Urrl) 

Well, looks like the overheating problems came back and persisted; there was a camera overheating warning after 20 minutes in 60fps 1080p in safe mode.   Phone was reset at least twice and Sony Companion software repair was unsuccessful. From what I hear of Sony's history with overheating phones I will probably choose to sell it. Had the phone since june 8. If it happens in safe mode Sony needs to do something...fast.

Message 13 of 16
Message 13 of 16

I have found a bug with "settings"->"system"->"gestures"->"smart call handling". If this function is enabled calls will play sounds of ringtone and notification at the same time. If this function is disabled everything is fine.

Hope Sony reads this.

Inhabitant
Message 14 of 16
Message 14 of 16

I wish I had known that this phone was best suited for those who work indoors where it is cooler and darker to begin with.   I cannot use my phone during the day in the Southern United States.  It is just too hot for it to even be in your back pocket.   If you work indoors and in a cooler climate you may like this phone.  You cannot see the screens contents while outside on a sunny day unless you increase the screens brightness to %100.  Even while using Cenima Pro I was left scratching my head in disbelief from not being able to see jack didly.    Then you will get the notification that you will damage your screen with repeated use and likely receive the messege about your phone overheating.       

Inhabitant
Message 15 of 16
Message 15 of 16

@StegCon wrote:

My problem isn't above its to do with the Xperia 1 fingerprint I have 5 registered and can't scan my fingerprint I took my phone back got a replacement because they immediately seen the problem just for the problem to happen on new device it must be a software problem but when will this be getting fixed? Also could u mention I can do to stop this issue?

The fingerprint sensor is for the dogs.  I have 4 registered prints and it seldomly works.  I find that wiping it down to clean it, and rubbing my clean fingertip dry against my jeans and then placing my finger JUST RIGHT tends to have a better success rate.

Though overall I give up trying even after that technique becuase it fails more often than not regardless.         

Has your new sensor responded any better?

One time poster
Message 16 of 16
Message 16 of 16

Hi. Does anyone have problem with his microphone when switching from telephone to loudspeaker during a call. Mine doesn't work on loudspeaker. Can any one help me please? I'll try to contact Sony support centre tomorrow morning.