account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia 1 missing T-Mobile LTE Band 71

Regular
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Xperia 1 missing T-Mobile LTE Band 71

It looks like the Xperia 1 doesn't have T-mobile's newest LTE band 71.  In addition, the US version doesn't have dual sim support.  Can anyone confirm?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Pioneer
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Xperia 1 missing T-Mobile LTE Band 71

@saleaway;

According to the US Xperia 1 page (https://www.sonymobile.com/us/products/phones/xperia-1/specifications/) it will not support the Dual SIM variant, but who nows that market better is the local support team, you should contact them: https://support.sonymobile.com/us/contactUs/

Regarding the LTE Band 71 it is indeed not supported by the Xperia 1, you can also see all the supported Bands in the specifications page.

Rookie
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: Xperia 1 missing T-Mobile LTE Band 71

Without band 71 and without dual sim is a disappointment.  The cheaper OnePlus 7 Pro has both of those options.  Most other flagships in the US all have band 71 so I don't know what Sony was thinking. 

I would like to upgrade my XZ Premium but will probably have to skip Sony this time around.  Fingers crossed that Xperia 2 has band 71 at least.  I was hoping the spec page had an error regarding band 71 but sounds like it really doesn't have it.