account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia 1 availability

Pioneer
Message 121 of 131
Message 121 of 131

Re: XPERIA 1 Release date confirmed

Yes indeed, Xperia Actions would be very nice on any device,

who knows knows
who doesn't doesn't
Rookie
Message 122 of 131
Message 122 of 131

I preordered from Best Buy. In Purple. Am I the only one still waiting for it to be delivered? It shows as delayed and no estimated date. Anyone know anything about this? 

Commissioner
Message 123 of 131
Message 123 of 131

@Eder773 wrote:

I preordered from Best Buy. In Purple. Am I the only one still waiting for it to be delivered? It shows as delayed and no estimated date. Anyone know anything about this? 

Yes, at one point it showed an actual date (my previous post), but by the time I ordered it gave me a vague; will let me know shipping date.

"We'll let you know when it ships."

One time poster
Message 124 of 131
Message 124 of 131

Sony Xperia 1 in Egypt

when we will be able to have Sony Xperia 1 in Egypt ??

is sony market in still in egypt or Middel east ? 

Emperor
Message 125 of 131
Message 125 of 131

Re: Sony Xperia 1 in Egypt

@m-happy 

I think they pulled out of that region but do Contact directly >>> https://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/contactUs/ as this is a global user based forum. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Commissioner
Message 126 of 131
Message 126 of 131

I finally got a date by Best Buy, August 14! It's so late! I want it earlier!

Sony needs to spend money on Sony board advertising within Best Buy. They need a booth just as large as Samsungs. Best Buy is kinda plain already, freaking booth it up like MWC, CES, IFA... You paid them for the design already, reiterate it for the stores, what's left of brink and morter stores.

Rookie
Message 127 of 131
Message 127 of 131

I have chatted and called them everday since the delayed announced. They would not tell me the 08/14/19 date, even though it is listed on their website. Today, the response I received was, should be received within a week. 

I hope it is sooner than 08/14. I take a trip for 10 days, and would love to have this phone.

Commissioner
Message 128 of 131
Message 128 of 131

I can get the black one in August 2nd shows on the website. But the purple one is on August 14th! 

Pioneer
Message 129 of 131
Message 129 of 131

The success and demand for Xperia 1 is killing sales and brand loyalty.

People aren't willing to wait a fortnight for a new device and will switch to another brand.

Sad but true.

who knows knows
who doesn't doesn't
Commissioner
Message 130 of 131
Message 130 of 131

@pressefr wrote:

I can get the black one in August 2nd shows on the website. But the purple one is on August 14th! 

I finally received my Xperia 1 device yesterday, earlier than expected. I wish they released it in March 2019 along with the Xperia 10 Plus. Would have been a less of a struggle opting low range device, the 10 Plus, making a power user and gamer that I am. Made feel sluggish when using the Plus 10; GPU, missing gyroscope, slow camera, missing dedicated shutter button, primative version of side-sense (without full multi window options), etc...

I'm happy I got it, but small smiggen of Xperia Actions remorse, you can set your brightness level while gaming, but in "game enhancer" you can only turn off adaptive brightness per game. More split screen tasking going on. 

Oh, I saw Samsung's Note 10 release. They showed off 3D object capturing, uhhh Sony already does that.