account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia 1 Microphone Issues/quick charge

Regular
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Xperia 1 Microphone Issues/quick charge

Does anyone else have an issue with the microphone on the Xperia One? When I am talking with people either through a regular phone call or a video call (Google duo), people tell me that they can't hear me (as if I am far away). As the call progresses then they can start to hear me better. Also when video calling (Google duo) once they could hear me better, the person on the other end starts to hear an echo of them self. Also does anyone know if when you plug your phone into a quick charger (Anker PowerPort Atom III usb-c port with pd compatibility) does the Xperia One notify you that it is "charging rapidly" (as the Google pixel 3 xl does)? Please let me know if anyone else experienced these issues and also how to possibly resolve them 😁 Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Pioneer
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: Xperia 1 Microphone Issues/quick charge

Microphone issue.

Do some testing first to see if it is hardware or software.

- What happens in safe mode (only preinstalled apps present, no interference from other apps)

- Did you test the microphone using the Support App on your phone?

who knows knows
who doesn't doesn't
Highlighted
Regular
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Thanks for the suggestions, I ran a microphone test through the support app and it passed however I did not try the safe mode yet

Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

@Ji-kin 

Also to make sure: are you using any type of custom cases?

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Sage
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Regarding Duo video-call; I have had a call when the caller who called me complained about some sort of echo/the person could hear themself. Not sure if that was a telephone or Duo problem.

-No issues when I initiate the Duo video-call tho. And no issues either way when using Duo voice-call.

Edit; I'm using the SCTI30 cover. Will try to remove that for test.

Regular
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

@Quester

I am using the sony Style Cover Touch and the microphone is unobstructed.