account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

WHY THE *** FINGERPRINT SCANNER IS SO BAD?!

Talent
Message 31 of 182
Message 31 of 182

Re: Fingerprint reader unusable after update - Xperia 1

55.0.A.2.278

JUNE 1ST 2019

that autoupdated from sony

However there is no vodafone branding on the phone.

Adviser
Message 32 of 182
Message 32 of 182

Vodafone is the only UK version not updated yet, but if you wanted you can flash the generic UK firmware, although you'll lose Vodafone's VoWiFi.

Talent
Message 33 of 182
Message 33 of 182

How did you find out bud?

Getting information from Sony it Vodafone is like pulling teeth. 

@bumbling wrote:

Vodafone is the only UK version not updated yet, but if you wanted you can flash the generic UK firmware, although you'll lose Vodafone's VoWiFi.

Message 34 of 182
Message 34 of 182

Thats usually the case.

They alter some of the software like o2 do for branded phones, or 3 used to do for their payg phones.

But you can take them back to factory basic sim free, but you lose the network features like voLTE etc..

I say network features...but hardly features with some of the crap they put on or take off..

Talent
Message 35 of 182
Message 35 of 182

I'd love to flash it that way, but nervous in doing so 

Bios on motherboards is easy as there is a secondary bios just in case. 

Unless there is almost a fool. Proof way of flashing my phone. 

@RottenFoxBreath wrote:

Thats usually the case.

They alter some of the software like o2 do for branded phones, or 3 used to do for their payg phones.

But you can take them back to factory basic sim free, but you lose the network features like voLTE etc..

I say network features...but hardly features with some of the crap they put on or take off..

Message 36 of 182
Message 36 of 182

So you have tried teh Sony site and entering your IMEI no., and also the other way is Xperia Companion, I know it's not compatible but it will let you flash/update your phone.

Trouble is theres no file for the software anywhere that I can see, and I wouldn't unlock my bootloader on an Xperia phone as you lose features.

Maybe fire off more mails to Vodaphone, to get a fire lit up their backsides, and get the software update out for users.

Adviser
Message 37 of 182
Message 37 of 182

Xperifirm it's a tool from XDA which allows you to download all Sony Xperia firmwares.

Inhabitant
Message 38 of 182
Message 38 of 182

I think im just sell this phone, to bad i really like it..

Sony i think you dont deserve in mobile bussines

Adviser
Message 39 of 182
Message 39 of 182

Fingerprint scanner reliability seems to be much improved on 55.0.A.2.314 for me, going from completely unusable (I'd estimate less than 10% success rate) to around 80% success rate. Hopefully future updates improve this further.

Talent
Message 40 of 182
Message 40 of 182

I got mine flashed too

Mine has improved from around 80% success rate to around 99-100% and much quicker also (0.5 seconds from screen off)

Very impressed.

Im at work atm, can anyone test video stability in normal app and Cinema pro please? at 4k?

If no can do, will do a test the moment I finish.

EDIT

Sensitivity has increased as well, my thumb needs only the gentlist of touches to register, before I had to press on it like a starving man seeing a Marmite sarnie for the first time Grinning Face