account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

WHY THE *** FINGERPRINT SCANNER IS SO BAD?!

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 61 of 182
Message 61 of 182

Re: Fingerprint reader unusable after update - Xperia 1

Mine works fine as long as I press fimly. Before the updates it seemed like a light press would do. So perhaps pressing more firmly will improve sensitivity.

Adept
Message 62 of 182
Message 62 of 182

When you register your finger print...do it slowly and gently....i also have that kind of problem at first...now it is solve and with slightest touch it can recognize my fp and unlock the phone

Talent
Message 63 of 182
Message 63 of 182

Mine is also working bad and not recognizing my fingerprint even after cleaning it Slightly frowning Face

I think it may be hardware fault, that is why probably we will not see the ultimate fix for the issue. 

One time poster
Message 64 of 182
Message 64 of 182

Fingerprint's Not Working. (Xperia 1)

Ok so the update came on 26th of July (55.0.A.2.314) made the video player stutter, and the newest update (55.0.A.6.16) which came today the 20th of August has messed up the fingerprint lock and it's not working. I'm getting a message everytime I put my finger on the sensor which says "couldn't process fingerprint. Please try again.", I have attached a screenshot so that you guys could see it. So could you guys please let us know what is going on. TIA. Screenshot_20190820-214657.png

Message 65 of 182
Message 65 of 182

Re: Fingerprint's Not Working. (Xperia 1)

Use something like VLC to play back videos, or MX Player.

Secondly, wash your hands, clean the fingerprint sensor, delete the finger prints that are stored, and do them again.

This time follow the animation, when positioning your finger for the fingerprint sensor.

Don't press too hard, and try to make a full print from "slices" of the print on the sensor, so angle your finger left, right, more top, more bottom, then see how it works.

Learner
Message 66 of 182
Message 66 of 182

Hi I noticed the same problem with my Xperia 1. I removed all fingerprints and set it up again and still after some successful tries I have the same info to try again later. I noticed that problem since last 2 weeks and every day I have problems to unlock screen with fingerprints....

I think it's not about dirty finger nor sensor. It something with software, phone or whatever.

One time poster
Message 67 of 182
Message 67 of 182

Have same problem, fingerprint stop working i i think it's software problem

Learner
Message 68 of 182
Message 68 of 182

Mine is working but as I said I have very often info to try again later . That's very confusing. I noticed this problem since last month.

Learner
Message 69 of 182
Message 69 of 182

I also have this exact same problem after the latest update. My FPS would work with just a slight touch. However, now it doesn't even register 20% of my attempts even after having registered my fingerprint again. Sony please fix this as it was working properly before!

Enthusiast
Message 70 of 182
Message 70 of 182

After August update FPS is so bad. Even after registering my FP again it doesn't work properly. It is so bad that sometimes it doesn't want to work. Fix this ASAP because before this update everything was OK.

FPS and Google messages bug are the only minuses of this phone at the moment.