account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

WHY THE *** FINGERPRINT SCANNER IS SO BAD?!

Rookie
Message 11 of 143
Message 11 of 143

Fingerprint scanner

Hi, I have a quick question - am I only one having so serious problems with the fingerprint scanner? From few days it isn't working at all, only giving messages: "try again" or "not recognized, try again".

For about a week it worked like a charm, then suddenly it stopped working at all. 

Yes - sensor is clean

Yes - thumb is clean and dry.

Did Sony made any "update" that screwed this part so badly?

Message 12 of 143
Message 12 of 143

Re: Fingerprint scanner

@Seraph 

Mine acted like that during the first few days. Deleting all the saved fingerprints and scanning them again solved it for me. You can do this from Settings -> Lock screen & security -> Fingerprint manager -> Delete all saved fingerprints by tapping on the "bin" icon -> Add new fingerprints.

Some people suggest adding the same fingerprints twice or thrice, but my experience with this showed worse results by making recognition slower than usual.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 13 of 143
Commissioner
Message 14 of 143
Message 14 of 143

Re: Fingerprint scanner

I heard it was fixed in the new firmware update. Wait until it's available in your region. 

ad80ceed1d685ed4dabc065ca8974365.png

Apprentice
Message 15 of 143
Message 15 of 143

Fingerprint reader unusable after update - Xperia 1

After I've updated my phone with the update this week my fingerprint reader is working a lot worse.

Maybe it's my sweaty hands but it regonize even when I don't put my finger on.

Before the update it wasn't working correctly either but better then its working now.

I get to much attempts every time.

I've deleted all the fingers and put one in again but still doesnt work.

Fix this please

One time poster
Message 16 of 143
Message 16 of 143

Re: Fingerprint reader unusable after update - Xperia 1

Mines exactly the same, I also re-registered my finger prints and it keeps coming up with the same "finger print not recognised" or "too many attempts" I've even gone as far as to wash my hands and the scanner and still the same problem, I'm not too impressed when I've just spent £900 for the phone, I've used Sony for 10+ years but the support is awful, they just fob you off with generic troubleshooting of no use

One time poster
Message 17 of 143
Message 17 of 143

Mines exactly the same, I also re-registered my finger prints and it keeps coming up with the same "finger print not recognised" or "too many attempts" I've even gone as far as to wash my hands and the scanner and still the same problem.It worked well it the previous version.

Inhabitant
Message 18 of 143
Message 18 of 143

Same with mee... And i really frustrated

One time poster
Message 19 of 143
Message 19 of 143

Same issue here.

Adviser
Message 20 of 143