account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Sound not working

One time poster
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Sound not working

No ringtone, notifications alarm or media sound at all. Please help! 

2 REPLIES 2
Emperor
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Sound not working

@Domthehan 

Restart the phone and check again

if that doesn't work, use the preloaded ringtones 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: Sound not working

Hi @Domthehan, sorry to hear about this. Slightly frowning Face

Which phone model do you have? You have posted in the Xperia 1 board and this device has not yet been released and to be able to provide the correct troubleshooting steps, it would be helpful to know your phone model.

You can find out which phone model you have if you to go Settings > (System) > About phone.

First of all, make sure that you have not activated the silent mode in Do not disturb and the easiest way to test this is to hold down the volume up button for a few seconds.

Let me know if that helps and If could provide information about your phone model, that would be great! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.