account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Sony Xperia 1 vs Samsung Galaxy S10 vs Huawei Mate X: are you joking Sony???

Emperor
Message 31 of 76
Message 31 of 76

Re: Sony Xperia 1 vs Samsung Galaxy S10 vs Huawei Mate X: are you joking Sony???

@EUPHORIC 

I agree with @LukaStemberger , it's going to take a while for most users to have access to 5G, just remember 4G LTE, how long it took 

https://bgr.com/2011/12/26/looking-back-at-2011-4g-lte-takes-off/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LTE_(telecommunication)#Carrier_adoption_timeline

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Commissioner
Message 32 of 76
Message 32 of 76

Re: Sony Xperia 1 vs Samsung Galaxy S10 vs Huawei Mate X: are you joking Sony???

@LukaStemberger wrote:

You are making no sense...

There are no 5G phones on the market yet and there are no 5G carriers yet. In the world. It will all be slowly rolling out this year and most manufacturers, including Sony, are expected to release 5G devices.

But even then, it will be years until 5G is usable in any kind of useful scenario. The first thing we might see is game streaming, but even that will take at least a year or two and will have the initial problem of signal penetration and coverage.

5G is this magical keyword that people are talking about that just makes no sense at present time and situation.

If you don't know it doesn't mean that there are no - https://www.techradar.com/news/5g-phones-what-are-the-first-5g-phones. Samsung in my location possible to order right now Slightly smiling Face Sony even isn't in the list, shame Slightly smiling Face

Important: Don't forget to say THANK YOU and GIVE KUDOS for users which answered & helped you Remote

Commissioner
Message 33 of 76
Message 33 of 76

@uliwooly wrote:

@EUPHORIC 

I agree with @LukaStemberger , it's going to take a while for most users to have access to 5G, just remember 4G LTE, how long it took 

https://bgr.com/2011/12/26/looking-back-at-2011-4g-lte-takes-off/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LTE_(telecommunication)#Carrier_adoption_timeline

I posted answer to LukaStemberger, in my location one operator already ready to release 5G and Samsung's owners is one of first which can test it in my location, operator which is ready already did some test, there is in capital of my country places where working 5G already, i don't know all details, but as i know 5G in my location can release in any days. Sony untill now did not accounced model which will get 5G yet when Huawei, Samsung and others already accounced. Shame to Sony. That's why SOny is still in down of most smartphone, manufactors ratings. Sad, but... 

https://www.teliacompany.com/en/news/news-articles/2019/telia-and-nokia-introduce-5g-gateway-to-finl... and https://www.teliacompany.com/en/news/news-articles/2018/5g-hits-norway-the-worlds-first-5g-cinema/ Nordic countries in Europe working in this, when Japan sleeping looks like.

Yes Samsung 5G model is not released right now, but already on the way https://www.cnet.com/news/the-galaxy-s10-5g-isnt-the-only-5g-phone-coming-here-are-the-others/, when Sony did not accounced yet at all. On the way means very soon and i'm sure will be on in costumers hands very soon. As i mentioned some models of S10 Samsung in my location operator already ordering and about 5G already announced when Sony sleeping and talking about Japan market. I'm really really sad, coz Sony is still manufactor which i trust, which i like and which is one of my favourite, i grown it up with it, but at this moment Sony is still in down and i dont' thin that will be very quickly in top at all of best manufactors of smartphones, sad...

Important: Don't forget to say THANK YOU and GIVE KUDOS for users which answered & helped you Remote

Message 34 of 76
Message 34 of 76

That's true, we won't be using 5G in any reasonable way anywhere in the world for at least another year or two, but yes, Sony does not have the bragging rights of having the first 5G phone...

Releasing a 5G phone right now would be the same as releasing a phone with 32GB of RAM. Bragging rights, but useless... 

Regular
Message 35 of 76
Message 35 of 76

@LukaStemberger wrote:

That's true, we won't be using 5G in any reasonable way anywhere in the world for at least another year or two, but yes, Sony does not have the bragging rights of having the first 5G phone...

Releasing a 5G phone right now would be the same as releasing a phone with 32GB of RAM. Bragging rights, but useless... 

I totally agree with Luka. Company's like Samsung use things like higher RAMs an and things like 5G & Wifi6 for nothing but Marketing that the customer pays for. Capabilities that the majority of the end consumer will most likely not use.

If the gentleman who claims that 5G is already available to him, he could go for the Sammy S10 5G. Because the vast majority of the world don't have it yet. It makes no sense to sell something that you're vast majority consumers have no befit for in the meantime (or in the near future). 

FYI, SONY has demoed a 5G phone using MMWAVE technology. Something I've read the Japanese telecommunication companies in particular are very keen on implementing. 

Other features like wireless charging (and wirelessly charging other devices) haven't peeked my interest at since its initial introduction a few years back. ((Personally)) i don't consider wireless charging (is wireless) if I have to set my phone down on something that has to be physically touching. I'll wait for true wireless charging thank you. 

Fun fact: I read that Sony won a contest (ages ago) for delivering a 1watt of electricity over 500m. Impressive really!

Anyways, I compared Sonys Xperia 1 with the newly announced S10 & S10+. The Sony really a real competitor. And for me its much better when comparing base models (as a starting point for comparison).

And in the end, people just buy what works for them. And if a 5G phone is what matters to. Samsung is releasing one soon. Enjoy Winking Face

Commissioner
Message 36 of 76
Message 36 of 76

@LukaStemberger wrote:

That can say only these people which don't know what the... is 5G and what can give to you it. 

Commissioner
Message 37 of 76
Message 37 of 76

@aaljuma1 wrote:

@LukaStemberger wrote:

I totally agree with Luka. Company's like Samsung use things like higher RAMs an and things like 5G & Wifi6 for nothing but Marketing that the customer pays for. Capabilities that the majority of the end consumer will most likely not use.

If the gentleman who claims that 5G is already available to him, he could go for the Sammy S10 5G. Because the vast majority of the world don't have it yet. It makes no sense to sell something that you're vast majority consumers have no befit for in the meantime (or in the near future). 

FYI, SONY has demoed a 5G phone using MMWAVE technology. Something I've read the Japanese telecommunication companies in particular are very keen on implementing. 

Other features like wireless charging (and wirelessly charging other devices) haven't peeked my interest at since its initial introduction a few years back. ((Personally)) i don't consider wireless charging (is wireless) if I have to set my phone down on something that has to be physically touching. I'll wait for true wireless charging thank you. 

Fun fact: I read that Sony won a contest (ages ago) for delivering a 1watt of electricity over 500m. Impressive really!

Anyways, I compared Sonys Xperia 1 with the newly announced S10 & S10+. The Sony really a real competitor. And for me its much better when comparing base models (as a starting point for comparison).

And in the end, people just buy what works for them. And if a 5G phone is what matters to. Samsung is releasing one soon. Enjoy Winking Face

First at all read about 5G then we can talk. It's like to talk with human which don't see movie, but have opinion about it. It's empty discuss.

Nordic Europe countries is one of or most time is the leaders in internet or technologies at all. I mean in things like 5G and ect. As i know here total leader is Korea (if i'm not wrong North) in which is Samsung. That's and problem that Sony sleeping, if will be like Korea's company maybe already will be 5G network in Japan too. Also if Sony just thinking about Japan market only that's biggest mistake. Samsung in my location like in all world is very popular. Sony is not, think why.

Regular
Message 38 of 76
Message 38 of 76

@EUPHORIC wrote:

@aaljuma1 wrote:

@LukaStemberger wrote:

First at all read about 5G then we can talk. It's like to talk with human which don't see movie, but have opinion about it. It's empty discuss.

Nordic Europe countries is one of or most time is the leaders in internet or technologies at all. I mean in things like 5G and ect. As i know here total leader is Korea (if i'm not wrong North) in which is Samsung. That's and problem that Sony sleeping, if will be like Korea's company maybe already will be 5G network in Japan too. Also if Sony just thinking about Japan market only that's biggest mistake. Samsung in my location like in all world is very popular. Sony is not, think why.

I try to think why.. Like you. But I don't know why. Maybe because I don't see movie first and give opinion. But you are right, North Korea is very leader like European Nordic. 

My mistake, you are a very right person. I see movie and come back. 👍🏼

Emperor
Message 39 of 76
Message 39 of 76

@EUPHORIC  @aaljuma1 

Keep it friendly and constructive, remember this is not a forum to attack others, we are here because we are passionate about Sony or we are looking for help to solve an issue and sometimes to learn new tips and tricks. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Regular
Message 40 of 76
Message 40 of 76

@uliwooly wrote:

@EUPHORIC  @aaljuma1 

Keep it friendly and constructive, remember this is not a forum to attack others, we are here because we are passionate about Sony or we are looking for help to solve an issue and sometimes to learn new tips and tricks. 

Absolutely, uliwooly.. You're right.

Let's get back to topic. Really looking forward to seeing the Xperia 1 in action and how the camera performs.

Anyways, I think we can wait to speak about the phones success when it's actually released.