account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Sony Xperia 1 vs Samsung Galaxy S10 vs Huawei Mate X: are you joking Sony???

Commissioner
Message 51 of 76
Message 51 of 76

Re: Sony Xperia 1 vs Samsung Galaxy S10 vs Huawei Mate X: are you joking Sony???

One that kinda aggravates me, is that the black bezel border, though they slimed them down for the Xperia 10 Plus; around the sides and chin. However, that black strip left spacing of a bezel is actually not that thin compared to the C5 Ultra and XA2 Ultra.

Commissioner
Message 52 of 76
Message 52 of 76

Re: Sony Xperia 1 vs Samsung Galaxy S10 vs Huawei Mate X: are you joking Sony???

I've been a fan of Sony's for a long time and I loved when they made the Sony Xperia Z Ultra. They even made a Google Edition for developers to build their UI on a 6.4 inch screen. This was supposed to be the Samsung Note killer. The only thing that was missing from that phone was a rear flash. At the time it was a phablet, some people weren't ready (4.5 inch iPhone users), but I think a lot or us were already ready. The next Generation after the Xperia Z Ultra was disappointing each and every time. They did not make a successor, as they just made mid-rangers; fumbling through the market. When all they needed to do was, add a Flash, and just chisel it down the bezels.

Commissioner
Message 53 of 76
Message 53 of 76

I've noticed a few things after using the Xperia X10 Plus for a while. It doesn't have a front face flash. I'm just coming off from an Xperia XA1 Ultra and an Xperia XZ2 Premium. I have a few poignant thoughts.

Mid-range phone with a front face fash is a feature that a lot of people want, and most products do not have. So I guess it's more of a successor to an Xperia L2 Plus, rather than the Xperia XA2 Ultra. Which is oddly weird. The L2 is the lowest of the low.

How can they take out the dedicated camera button? That is a weird move with the new head of Sony Mobile is a guy that came from the Alpha Series. "Sony CEO Kaz Hirai stepped down and was replaced in 2018, executive Kimio Maki was changed from shepherding the Alpha division to becoming head of product development for Mobile." However, there is a double power button to choose to activate the camera app.

Another tear jerker that sometimes Sony forgets who they are. They want to make the next coolest mobile phone at these Conference Events with specific announcement drop dates. But feedback from reviewers and customers each every MWC, CES, and IFA should be enough feedback to sway towards a better product.

Like Sony Xperia XZ2 Premiums finger placement was not OMNI balance; nor at a consistent location. On each of the XZ2, XZ2P, XA2 Ultra, XA2... You think they would learn from Samsung Note 9, Samsung S9; finger placement was too close to the camera.

Commissioner
Message 54 of 76
Message 54 of 76

@pressefr wrote:

One that kinda aggravates me, is that the black bezel border, though they slimed them down for the Xperia 10 Plus; around the sides and chin. However, that black strip left spacing of a bezel is actually not that thin compared to the C5 Ultra and XA2 Ultra.

For me is very strange looks Samsung S10 advertising on Sony Channel TV, why? I can't understand why Sony advertising Samsung's smartphone? Slightly smiling Face

I have Xperia C5 Ultra Dual design for me is good, i love my smartphone, sad that RAM is only 2GB and internal memory only 16GB from which about 10GB available for costumers. That's only deficiency in this model Slightly smiling Face

Important: Don't forget to say THANK YOU and GIVE KUDOS for users which answered & helped you Remote

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 55 of 76
Message 55 of 76

@pressefr wrote:

I've been a fan of Sony's for a long time and I loved when they made the Sony Xperia Z Ultra. They even made a Google Edition for developers to build their UI on a 6.4 inch screen. This was supposed to be the Samsung Note killer. The only thing that was missing from that phone was a rear flash. At the time it was a phablet, some people weren't ready (4.5 inch iPhone users), but I think a lot or us were already ready. The next Generation after the Xperia Z Ultra was disappointing each and every time. They did not make a successor, as they just made mid-rangers; fumbling through the market. When all they needed to do was, add a Flash, and just chisel it down the bezels.

What i'm talking about too. Samsung, even Huawei doing something new, unbelievable... Sony stuck on the same video update, music update and... Where is innovation? News? Something really wow? Slightly smiling Face

Important: Don't forget to say THANK YOU and GIVE KUDOS for users which answered & helped you Remote

Talent
Message 56 of 76
Message 56 of 76

Sony Xperia 1 has 4k hDR o 21: 9.

Camera Alpha , eye AF , 10 fps.

Do not need 8 gB de RAM  Nor give away charge cycles from my battery

Talent
Message 57 of 76
Message 57 of 76

Samsung S10 is a garbage.

Display low resolution pentile.

Exynos And GPU Mali low performance.

Updates 6 month delay.

Camera 0 innovation 

Scanner display slower And fail.

Stupid innverse chargue.

Etc etc 

Talent
Message 58 of 76
Message 58 of 76

I only buy screens 4k HDR oled master and Alpha cameras, I do not need wide hip phones with ugly holes on the screen, i LOVE 21: 9 4k oled display

Commissioner
Message 59 of 76
Message 59 of 76

@Tyrone123 wrote:

Sony Xperia 1 has 4k hDR o 21: 9.

Camera Alpha , eye AF , 10 fps.

Do not need 8 gB de RAM  Nor give away charge cycles from my battery

SAMSUNG have: 5G model - ALREADY, wireless charging, main camera 2160p@60fps (Xperia 1 have 2160p@24/30fps HDR - by GSMArena), selfie camera 2160p@30fps (Xperia 1 can do only 1080p@30fps), all comparison you can find here Slightly smiling Face Maybe enough to compare Samsung against Sony, coz topic is not about which is best, everybody know that Sony with Xperia 1, 10 and ect did not offered nothing special, just better filming experience, that's all. To feel like pro operator or to get all features for better life experience inlcuded good filming experince too? 8GB ram is not very important thing these days if you buying smartphone every year or faster, i buying smartphone 2-3 year or maybe more period. So 8GB is important to me, but this is not just about 8GB. Sony don't offered at all nothing special with these models. Yes yes in future will be wirless charge - maybe, maybe will be 5G and ect., but i if i looking right now smartphone - i need right now 5G, wireless and ect. Slightly smiling Face Sony with Xperia 1, 10 and ect., just stuck in time - my opinion Slightly smiling Face

When Sony thinking about 5G as i read in internet, Samsung already adverstising on SONY CHANNEL, this is not to be my opinion. To adverstising competitor productions, really? This is everything fine? Sony must, my opinion, first at all work on marketing, coz in my country i don't see any Sony's advertising at all - nowhere. When Samsung with Huawei doing that in every TV pause/andvertising break - that's why people in my country buying Huawei, Samsung, not becouse they are the best, coz they have perfect marketing Slightly smiling Face Wake up, Sony, time to do something with that... Samsung commercial on SONY CHANNEL was something terrible at all from Sony Slightly smiling Face

Commissioner
Message 60 of 76
Message 60 of 76

@Tyrone123 wrote:

Samsung S10 is a garbage.

Display low resolution pentile.

Exynos And GPU Mali low performance.

Updates 6 month delay.

Camera 0 innovation 

Scanner display slower And fail.

Stupid innverse chargue.

Etc etc 

But is one of top manufactor in smartphone market, people still buying theirs products, when Sony ,by some sources, just barely survive Slightly smiling Face You making me laugh. Samsung living golden times, when about Sony every year is writing about closing smartphones market at all. Garbage? It's yours opinion, but remember "garbage" as you called doing profit Slightly smiling Face

Millions people can't be wrong... According a lot of experts, reviewers and ec., opinions gives the impression that Sony is not in the same level as is Samsung and Huawei with theirs smartphones Slightly smiling Face