account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Sony Xperia 1 vs Samsung Galaxy S10 vs Huawei Mate X: are you joking Sony???

Commissioner
Message 41 of 76
Message 41 of 76

Re: Sony Xperia 1 vs Samsung Galaxy S10 vs Huawei Mate X: are you joking Sony???

Sony has not updated the sound feature but downgraded it by removing from facing speakers, ESSENTIAL feature for a device focused on cinema use!

Dolby Atmos software can't in any way replace the phisical of two hardware speaker in front of you.

Veteran
Message 42 of 76
Message 42 of 76

Re: Sony Xperia 1 vs Samsung Galaxy S10 vs Huawei Mate X: are you joking Sony???

My opinion is that sony is offering much less than competition but asking same price. 

1. Battery in X1 is disaster, 6.5", (almost) 4K screen with 3330mAh is pathetic! 3300mAh we saw in 5.2" Z3 etc. Samsung S10+ which is same screen size and lower resolution has 4000mAh+ battery while having less bezels at the same time! 

2. 6GB of RAM is 2018 flagship specs, not 2019. Xperia X1 is therefore coming with outdated specs where competition is offering more RAM at same price range. For me it is a show stopper as RAM amount is very important for me. If at same price I can get more why choosing less??? More RAM is future proof.

3. No hadphone jack is a shame.Many people asked to get it back but as usually sony does not listen. Again competition like Shamesung is giving it to you, I prefer wired headphones when I am outside, at gym etc. 

4. Screen. I am not fan of OLED as each and every OLED has burn-ins, yellowish tints and other issues that are not possible to avoid over time. I saw XZ3 with those issue. Sony should focus on something else than oleds. 

5. Camera. They already started giving excuses on why X1 will not have 48/56 MPx camera because this does not have mempry stack for crappy 960fps bla bla bla. Seems like they now people are disappointed hence we excuses appeared. The truth is since X1 has 3 cameras who didn't allow them to give one 48MPx camera and ssecond with this crappy memory stack that 1% of people will use??? Bull**bleep**. Another thing is that one of the camera for optical zoom is 2x zoo only. Again Xperia is behind competition here since other brands had 3x zoom even last year and this year we will see 5x optical zooms or at least 3x. Videos. Where is 4K 60fps videos??? Instead they are giving 24fps in 4K... for me it's step back. Who cares slide shows nowadays??? Even their previous 30fps had some stutterings here and there. Again Xperia is behind competition in terms of camera.

6. Speakers. Bottom speaker placement is very bad. It should be still front facing and now it is not + it is no longer placed simetrical to the top speaker. Probably as usually in past Xperias bottom speaker will be worse quality than top one. Sony's "quality standards".

7. Bezels. Asimetric bezels looks bad, both should be same size. 

8. Gorilla Glass 6. Worse choice for glass since GG6 is even worse when it comes to the scratches than GG5 was. Scratch magnet which means your new expensive device will look like crap soon. 

9. Software. Constant features and functions removal and making soft more stock is very bad. Stock Android is ugly and apps are stupid. Also Google does not know how to improve and now providing so idiotic decisions like volume button is now possible to adjust multimedia volume instead of calling. You have to use toggle wheel to change it wich ALWAYS makes sound and interrupts other... 
I wonder what an idiot did it... Pathetic. 

10. Cost. Considering the above price of X1 is definitely too high. It's overpriced. OnePlus7 coming with 6.5" screen, more RAM, 4000mAh battery for 567$ !!! Possible? Possible! And again, for price of X1 you can have competition that gives more RAM, ROM, bigger battery, headphone jack, beetter camera and even 5G. Yes, 5G. It's a shame for Sony that is not offering is since Sony was working with Qualcomm on this standard and participated in Snapdragon 855 development. Ain't it funny? Then competition will have it but Sony not : > 

Also it is coming too late. Everyone who will want to have new phone will already buy it, Shamesung, Hujawei, Oppo, OnePlus, Nokia, Pixel or whatever else. And when X1 will appear other brands will have first price drops at this time. Not many will choose X1 considering no marketing and higher price while offering less. 

Where is acustic surface? Where is fps under screen competition is offering since last year?  

The device is too long and will be sticking out from pants.
If they chosen "remote control" design they should make it smaller, 6" max not to stik out from pants...  

They said it will cost like previous Xperias but it's not. 
Previous Xperias was about 700 euros at lunch and not 1000. 

They are coming with worse specs than competition, increased the price and are late to the party.
Their excuses already started long before device launched... 

Looking at competition and price Xperia1 is depressing as I thought they will try to come back Slightly frowning Face

Predicting low sales again. They still do not listen to us, they do not learn from past mistakes.  

Commissioner
Message 43 of 76
Message 43 of 76

@aaljuma1 wrote:

@EUPHORIC wrote:

@aaljuma1 wrote:

@LukaStemberger wrote:

That's true, we won't be using 5G in any reasonable way anywhere in the world for at least another year or two, but yes, Sony does not have the bragging rights of having the first 5G phone...

Releasing a 5G phone right now would be the same as releasing a phone with 32GB of RAM. Bragging rights, but useless... 

I totally agree with Luka. Company's like Samsung use things like higher RAMs an and things like 5G & Wifi6 for nothing but Marketing that the customer pays for. Capabilities that the majority of the end consumer will most likely not use.

If the gentleman who claims that 5G is already available to him, he could go for the Sammy S10 5G. Because the vast majority of the world don't have it yet. It makes no sense to sell something that you're vast majority consumers have no befit for in the meantime (or in the near future). 

FYI, SONY has demoed a 5G phone using MMWAVE technology. Something I've read the Japanese telecommunication companies in particular are very keen on implementing. 

Other features like wireless charging (and wirelessly charging other devices) haven't peeked my interest at since its initial introduction a few years back. ((Personally)) i don't consider wireless charging (is wireless) if I have to set my phone down on something that has to be physically touching. I'll wait for true wireless charging thank you. 

Fun fact: I read that Sony won a contest (ages ago) for delivering a 1watt of electricity over 500m. Impressive really!

Anyways, I compared Sonys Xperia 1 with the newly announced S10 & S10+. The Sony really a real competitor. And for me its much better when comparing base models (as a starting point for comparison).

And in the end, people just buy what works for them. And if a 5G phone is what matters to. Samsung is releasing one soon. Enjoy Winking Face

First at all read about 5G then we can talk. It's like to talk with human which don't see movie, but have opinion about it. It's empty discuss.

Nordic Europe countries is one of or most time is the leaders in internet or technologies at all. I mean in things like 5G and ect. As i know here total leader is Korea (if i'm not wrong North) in which is Samsung. That's and problem that Sony sleeping, if will be like Korea's company maybe already will be 5G network in Japan too. Also if Sony just thinking about Japan market only that's biggest mistake. Samsung in my location like in all world is very popular. Sony is not, think why.

I try to think why.. Like you. But I don't know why. Maybe because I don't see movie first and give opinion. But you are right, North Korea is very leader like European Nordic. 

My mistake, you are a very right person. I see movie and come back. 👍🏼

So sensitive, sarcastic... have a nice movie Slightly smiling Face

P.S. I'm not very right person, but if i don't know nothing about specific thing i don't talk at all. Before you judge someone please first to read about this thing - all world waiting 5G, you writing that no need that and ect. So what do you hope? That i write that you are right? Really? Slightly smiling Face

Important: Don't forget to say THANK YOU and GIVE KUDOS for users which answered & helped you Remote

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 44 of 76
Message 44 of 76

@uliwooly wrote:

@EUPHORIC  @aaljuma1 

Keep it friendly and constructive, remember this is not a forum to attack others, we are here because we are passionate about Sony or we are looking for help to solve an issue and sometimes to learn new tips and tricks. 

I don't think that was unfriendly. It's normal that from even different continents came here with own opinion which can don't like other or have own opinion.

Uliwooly, it's nice that you trying to keep here peace, but i don't think right now happening something like attack and ect. Let members to say what they want without constraints on freedom of expression, it's not China, Russian and ect. We are in civilized world. Untill someone really do not abuse each other i think everything it's fine. It's just a discuss Slightly smiling Face

Important: Don't forget to say THANK YOU and GIVE KUDOS for users which answered & helped you Remote

Commissioner
Message 45 of 76
Message 45 of 76

@aaljuma1 wrote:

@uliwooly wrote:

@EUPHORIC  @aaljuma1 

Keep it friendly and constructive, remember this is not a forum to attack others, we are here because we are passionate about Sony or we are looking for help to solve an issue and sometimes to learn new tips and tricks. 

Absolutely, uliwooly.. You're right.

Let's get back to topic. Really looking forward to seeing the Xperia 1 in action and how the camera performs.

Anyways, I think we can wait to speak about the phones success when it's actually released.

It's the best what you posted here. I think the same. All good and bad things will be see after release and test Slightly smiling Face

Commissioner
Message 46 of 76
Message 46 of 76

@azzido wrote:

My opinion is that sony is offering much less than competition but asking same price. 

1. Battery in X1 is disaster, 6.5", (almost) 4K screen with 3330mAh is pathetic! 3300mAh we saw in 5.2" Z3 etc. Samsung S10+ which is same screen size and lower resolution has 4000mAh+ battery while having less bezels at the same time! 

2. 6GB of RAM is 2018 flagship specs, not 2019. Xperia X1 is therefore coming with outdated specs where competition is offering more RAM at same price range. For me it is a show stopper as RAM amount is very important for me. If at same price I can get more why choosing less??? More RAM is future proof.

3. No hadphone jack is a shame.Many people asked to get it back but as usually sony does not listen. Again competition like Shamesung is giving it to you, I prefer wired headphones when I am outside, at gym etc. 

4. Screen. I am not fan of OLED as each and every OLED has burn-ins, yellowish tints and other issues that are not possible to avoid over time. I saw XZ3 with those issue. Sony should focus on something else than oleds. 

5. Camera. They already started giving excuses on why X1 will not have 48/56 MPx camera because this does not have mempry stack for crappy 960fps bla bla bla. Seems like they now people are disappointed hence we excuses appeared. The truth is since X1 has 3 cameras who didn't allow them to give one 48MPx camera and ssecond with this crappy memory stack that 1% of people will use??? Bull**bleep**. Another thing is that one of the camera for optical zoom is 2x zoo only. Again Xperia is behind competition here since other brands had 3x zoom even last year and this year we will see 5x optical zooms or at least 3x. Videos. Where is 4K 60fps videos??? Instead they are giving 24fps in 4K... for me it's step back. Who cares slide shows nowadays??? Even their previous 30fps had some stutterings here and there. Again Xperia is behind competition in terms of camera.

6. Speakers. Bottom speaker placement is very bad. It should be still front facing and now it is not + it is no longer placed simetrical to the top speaker. Probably as usually in past Xperias bottom speaker will be worse quality than top one. Sony's "quality standards".

7. Bezels. Asimetric bezels looks bad, both should be same size. 

8. Gorilla Glass 6. Worse choice for glass since GG6 is even worse when it comes to the scratches than GG5 was. Scratch magnet which means your new expensive device will look like crap soon. 

9. Software. Constant features and functions removal and making soft more stock is very bad. Stock Android is ugly and apps are stupid. Also Google does not know how to improve and now providing so idiotic decisions like volume button is now possible to adjust multimedia volume instead of calling. You have to use toggle wheel to change it wich ALWAYS makes sound and interrupts other... 
I wonder what an idiot did it... Pathetic. 

10. Cost. Considering the above price of X1 is definitely too high. It's overpriced. OnePlus7 coming with 6.5" screen, more RAM, 4000mAh battery for 567$ !!! Possible? Possible! And again, for price of X1 you can have competition that gives more RAM, ROM, bigger battery, headphone jack, beetter camera and even 5G. Yes, 5G. It's a shame for Sony that is not offering is since Sony was working with Qualcomm on this standard and participated in Snapdragon 855 development. Ain't it funny? Then competition will have it but Sony not : > 

Also it is coming too late. Everyone who will want to have new phone will already buy it, Shamesung, Hujawei, Oppo, OnePlus, Nokia, Pixel or whatever else. And when X1 will appear other brands will have first price drops at this time. Not many will choose X1 considering no marketing and higher price while offering less. 

Where is acustic surface? Where is fps under screen competition is offering since last year?  

The device is too long and will be sticking out from pants.
If they chosen "remote control" design they should make it smaller, 6" max not to stik out from pants...  

They said it will cost like previous Xperias but it's not. 
Previous Xperias was about 700 euros at lunch and not 1000. 

They are coming with worse specs than competition, increased the price and are late to the party.
Their excuses already started long before device launched... 

Looking at competition and price Xperia1 is depressing as I thought they will try to come back Slightly frowning Face

Predicting low sales again. They still do not listen to us, they do not learn from past mistakes.  

With some yours minds i agree. This is 2019 year, is not 2018. So and features must be 2019, not 2018. User will choose which feature is need for him/her, but if manufactor respect yourself and people which buying theirs product must give to costumers the best what is in market RIGHT NOW Slightly smiling Face

Message 47 of 76
Message 47 of 76

I have not heard one argument here... Would any of the future 5G users here (because it doesn't exist yet anywhere in the world) please tell me what they will be using their 5G phones for?

What exactly do you expect to get from 5G in the next year? Or in the next two years?

Right now the only thing you can be super excited about is being able to upload a picture to Instagram in 0.1 seconds instead of currently 0.5 seconds or about downloading a movie from Netflix in 10 seconds instead of currently 50 seconds. And that is provided you are outside in the street with not too many obstructions and with good coverage. Otherwise your shiny new 5G phone will just drop down to 4G or the trusty 3G (which still happens in a lot of places anywhere in the world). 

So yeah, considering there is not even one single service announced which will use 5G in the next year, what exactly will you use your 5G phone for? Other than tell everyone you have 5G?

Commissioner
Message 48 of 76
Message 48 of 76

@LukaStemberger wrote:

I have not heard one argument here... Would any of the future 5G users here (because it doesn't exist yet anywhere in the world) please tell me what they will be using their 5G phones for?

What exactly do you expect to get from 5G in the next year? Or in the next two years?

Right now the only thing you can be super excited about is being able to upload a picture to Instagram in 0.1 seconds instead of currently 0.5 seconds or about downloading a movie from Netflix in 10 seconds instead of currently 50 seconds. And that is provided you are outside in the street with not too many obstructions and with good coverage. Otherwise your shiny new 5G phone will just drop down to 4G or the trusty 3G (which still happens in a lot of places anywhere in the world). 

So yeah, considering there is not even one single service announced which will use 5G in the next year, what exactly will you use your 5G phone for? Other than tell everyone you have 5G?

Did you heard term "internet of things"? Read about that. 5G let you first at all connect yours devices with each other: it doesn't matter it's car, home stuff or any others. Second you can use much more faster internet and stuff which usually maybe you couldn't to use with 4G. Third Olympic Games in Korea will be with 5G connection and as i know right and if i remember good audience will can to see the same view like sportmen/sportwomen thanks for 5G. It's just few things where will be 5G and if say honest i need to check again about new services if they already are, coz i don't have latest services list and ect. These stuff i heard long time ago. Strange that you did not if you so clever and know everything better as i or maybe others.

About 5G locations i already wrote, probably you are blind or something like this if you still writing the same posts about need of 5G.

Some linkst to read about 5G to you:

Wikipediahttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LTE_(telecommunication) (In wikipedia is listed some countries where is 5G in preparing for release status, see top 10 countried about penetration of 4G, but as i mentioned in one of this country capital 5G working as i know, but is not for commercial usage yet)

Quarehttps://www.quora.com/Which-country-uses-a-5G-network (probably author also don't know about all Nordic Countries too which strange but aren't in the list, i mean just not Estonia, in Baltic countries one country is not posted too, which is part of Nordic Europe)

CNBChttps://www.cnbc.com/2018/12/04/5g-phones-are-coming-next-year-heres-what-that-means-for-you.html (some is mentioned release 2020, some 2019. But keep in mind that's talking about USA mobile operators, remember you Nordic Countries are one of faster which presenting 5G, most time this region is leading in technologies like internet and ect)

Techradarhttps://www.techradar.com/news/what-is-5g-everything-you-need-to-know (everything what you need to know about 5G).

These articles i did not read to end, but as i see they talking about what you need to know a little bit more as you maybe know about 5G. Be good - read it and don't write here not clever things about which you don't know looks like Slightly smiling Face

Also i created this thread about Sony new models and different between it and others manufactors, also as i mentioned i want to understand why Sony is not in top leading manufactor which creating smartphones and ect. So back to topic and if you don't know about 5G use Google search and read it. Good luck.

Regular
Message 49 of 76
Message 49 of 76

@LukaStemberger wrote:

Luka.. Just tell him he's right. That's all that means to him obviously. Don't tire yourself with endless discussions like these.

Commissioner
Message 50 of 76
Message 50 of 76

@aaljuma1 wrote:

@LukaStemberger wrote:

Luka.. Just tell him he's right. That's all that means to him obviously. Don't tire yourself with endless discussions like these.

So sensitive, sooo sensitive... Yhea, Luka, tell that i'm right and will be everything ok Face with tears of Joy  With all respect to Sony Mobile community, but, Aaljuma1, you "killed me" with yours posts, even this. I laughing until now. Very, very clever OK Hand

If i did not and i do not agree with yours opinion, it's mean that discuss is without endless and ect.? If you did not knew discuss idea and is to listen many opinions and to change ideas, minds and ect. That's why maybe to hard to you, coz you don't respect other opinions and everything must be by you i think you must be called "Mr. Right",  coz you always must be right and it doesn't matter others.

If you so smart tell me why Samsung, Huawei, iPhones is selling much more as Sony's smartphones and why these manufactors are on top of leaders in all world? If you can't may stay yours sarcasm and sensitivity at home and don't come to public where are and others opinions which can be different as yours. Be tolerate to others. Respect others and don't laught from others opinions. It's not friendly. I understand that most of you are big Sony's fan. I'm one of them. But i don't understand why Sony was in 90's brand which all respect, now there are in leaders topm selling less smartphones if compare to others manufactors, is not so popular as Samsung and ect. Most which told and posted opinions i understand and for some ideas i agree. But my opinion if you want to be leader you must add in yours devices all the best what is in market. You must from this you can laught, don't respect and ect.? Coz i posted some links about 5G is not abuse and ect. If user don't know about 5G, but so criticizing other, it's normal that someone will post linbks where is written why need 5G, what is and ect. So e friendly to others. Discuss is created for all which want to say theirs opinions about Sony's and others manufactors and ect. But did not created for abuse each other.

By Speednest fastest internet in the world in 2018 was in these countries https://www.speedtest.net/insights/blog/2018-internet-speeds-global/ in top 5 you can see some from Nordic Europe. List is not completed, coz there are no many others countries, i mean full top chart, but as proof and what i posted before about 5G, Nordic Europe is leaders in internet at all. Offcourse as you can see some Asia countries which running in the same level too. So if you don't know or can't find information, guilt yourself without abuse to others. Have a nice week, i'm done with you. If you don't tolerate others, don't wait tolerate from others.

5G in my location will be after some months. Will be Sony create and release smartphone untill middle of this year? Now 5G is for not commercial usage. But soon will be for costumers. Sony as i mentioned my opinion sleeping, others manufactors announced already some models, so like costumers guest which model i will buy? Huawei Mate X, Samsunga S10 5G or Sony's model which is not announced yet all?

Nice compare which i foud: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqvRFkTgEzE Slightly smiling Face

Sony Xperia 1 vs Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus Camera Test Comparison Specifications: Sony Xperia 1 : Camera = (Triple) 12 MP, f/1.6, 26mm (wide), 1/2.6, predictive Dual Pixel PDAF, 5-axis OIS 12 MP, f/2.4, 52mm (telephoto), 1/3.4", predictive Dual Pixel PDAF, 5-axis OIS 12 MP, f/2.4, 16mm (ultrawide) ...