account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Sony Xperia 1 Camera Tone

One time poster
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Sony Xperia 1 Camera Tone

How can I turn of the camera tone when I take a photo?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Sony Xperia 1 Camera Tone

Open the camera, click the cog wheel for settings, the scroll down a bit to Common and there it is, Sound.

Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

@RottenFoxBreath @ParoKi  also notable that on some markets, it is not possible to remove this tone.

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-ray/Camera-shooting-sound/m-p/119810#M1357

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-XA-XA-Ultra/Turnoff-camera-click-sound/m-p/1150894#M687

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

That used to be true, and was the case in the UK at one point, but for a few years now the camera sounds seem to be able to be muted.

And I remember that was due to privacy laws.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Hi @ParoKi,

Did you find the setting to turn the sound off? If it is not available or it's greyed out it's due to national/regional privacy laws and as far as I know, the only way to remove it is it set the device to silent/vibration mode.

Hi @RottenFoxBreath,

Very interesting to hear that this was the case for in the UK a while back.

The only country that I know about that has these rules are Japan, unless they have changed it recently.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.