account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Only 4G network mode

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Only 4G network mode

Is it possible to set only 4G as in previous Xperias? 

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: Only 4G network mode

As far as I'm aware, Iif you enter an area without 4G connection, you get nothing at all, so miss out on calls and data.

Apprentice
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Thank you, cap. Any real users? 

Regular
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

You can do this in *#*#4636#*#* -> Phone information

Emperor
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

@MugenPower 

The only option available is to check the APN settings, but it will go with whatever network it's available, if I'm not mistaken it hasn't changed from previous Xperias, if anything the icon on the notification bar used to have an option to turn off/on 4G LTE

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Apprentice
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

@uliwooly wrote:

@MugenPower 

The only option available is to check the APN settings, but it will go with whatever network it's available, if I'm not mistaken it hasn't changed from previous Xperias, if anything the icon on the notification bar used to have an option to turn off/on 4G LTEScreenshot_20191023-203853.pngThat exactly what my XZ have

Sony Xperia Support
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Hi @MugenPower, let me see if I can clarify things here.

You can set 4G as your preferred network on Xperia 1. However, there is no option on the Xperia 1 to set Preferred network type to '4G only'.

I hope that answered your question! 

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.