account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

No Qi wireless charging

Adept
Message 21 of 24
Message 21 of 24

Re: No Qi wireless charging

Where else would you plug it in, the kitchen sink ? Smiling Face with open mouth & closed Eyes

One time poster
Message 22 of 24
Message 22 of 24

The magnet cords I've bought from eBay, have all been pretty poor. Even the more expensive one...

I have the Google pixel 2 and that has been awful in terms of battery drain. The Samsung S10 ticks all the boxes (micro SD card slot and wireless charging) but in the UK, comes with Samsung's exynos chip, which I would like the Snapdragon one..

If the Xperia 1 or even 5 had wireless charging, I'd have upgraded already. Now I'm just going to wait.... 

One time poster
Message 23 of 24
Message 23 of 24

I've always loved Sony products going further back than I care to mention.  I was getting ready to place my order when something suggested I look to confirm wireless charging.  MUCH to my dismay and sadness I learned that this phone does not support QI.  Really?

My wife's V20 has failed and it's time to give her my LG G7 which does support wireless charging back to the G5 (?) 4 or 5 years ago.  I guess I have to look elsewhere.  Pixel 4, Samsung, LG G8, - COME ON MAN!  Sadly I can't wait for Sony to fix a glaring issue that will keep them from being a true flagship.  I so wanted this to work out.  Oh well, maybe when this next phone fails in another 3 or 4 years.

One time poster
Message 24 of 24
Message 24 of 24

Do Mobile Xperia 1 supports wireless charging

@Andross01 wrote:

Slightly disappointed that it has no Qi capabilities. This would have been the icing on the cake. Slightly smiling Face