account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

NETFLIX WON'T INSTALL ON XPERIA 1

SOLVED
Learner
Message 11 of 20
Message 11 of 20

Re: NETFLIX WON'T INSTALL ON XPERIA 1

Hi mate i had same issue but its easy to fix go apps and notifications and find netflice and disable it then go to play store and it will say update netflix then it will install. I have netflix. Its not a faulty phone.

One time poster
Message 12 of 20
Message 12 of 20

Re: Netflix not installing on my Xperia 1

That worked for me. Thanks.

One time poster
Message 13 of 20
Message 13 of 20

Had the same problem and this worked for me. After wasting hours looking for solutions!

Learner
Message 14 of 20
Message 14 of 20

Hi

Its an app issue. Had same problem. Its because you transferred stuff from old phone and I believe old Netflix settings will not work on new phone. All you have to do is go to app. Uninstall all updates. This restores to factory setting for Netflix. Then go and update app in Play Storte. It will load correctly this time from Google Play Store. Will work perfect after that. 

Learner
Message 15 of 20
Message 15 of 20

Uninstall all Netflix updates. Go back into play store and reinstall. This will download correct settings for Android 9. Will then work perfect. Had same issue. It's because you transfrred old settings and apps over from old phone

One time poster
Message 16 of 20
Message 16 of 20

I had this problem. I've followed the fix and I can now get into Netflix via the Playstore, however I still have no icon on my screen. 

Any ideas? 

One time poster
Message 17 of 20
Message 17 of 20

thanks guys..it's working now!

One time poster
Message 18 of 20
Message 18 of 20

I had the same issue, this fix worked perfectly for me 👍👍👍

One time poster
Message 19 of 20
Message 19 of 20

This solution has worked for my Sony Xperia thanks for the solution

Visitor
Message 20 of 20
Message 20 of 20

The same problem has arisen on Xperia 5.
Tried to fix mentioned before; deactivate, uninstall updates, clear the cache and update through Play Store. No luck.

Getting error "-1001" when open Netflix app.