account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

My camera software update wishlist

Highlighted
Talent
Message 11 of 20
476 Views
Message 11 of 20

Re: My camera software update wishlist


@RottenFoxBreath wrote:

Learn to shoot in manual mode, and/or shoot RAW, and edit somewhere else.

And again, to reiterate what GilgameshUK says, you seem to have faulty phones, so replacing them is the better option.

 

Seems the ones who complain about soft pictures, are the ones who use Samdung, and their artificial sharpness algorithms.

 

And lastly, read the small print on your contracts/receipts, etc, when the phone goes back, the headphones are supposed to go back also.


You also forgot Spamsung's Chernobyl radiation over saturated colours.

Manual mode is the way to go.

For those who want to shoot in raw

Adobe Light room is great

Camera FV5 is great too (paid version)

Highlighted
Message 12 of 20
464 Views
Message 12 of 20

Re: My camera software update wishlist

This is my first phone in recent years that I've actually bothered getting my finger out and recording some video, due to it's features and camera.

Just bought Lightroom, and Filmic Pro for Android, and bought a DJi Osmo 2 mobile Gimbal.

Loving it.

Plenty viewing in those videos..Thanks to the OP 

Highlighted
Talent
Message 13 of 20
448 Views
Message 13 of 20

Re: My camera software update wishlist

Yeah I would buy filmic PRO-IF it filmed in 21:9

 

I am spoiled by CinemaPro's 21:9 film aspect ratio.

Highlighted
Talent
Message 14 of 20
442 Views
Message 14 of 20

Re: My camera software update wishlist


@RottenFoxBreath wrote:

This is my first phone in recent years that I've actually bothered getting my finger out and recording some video, due to it's features and camera.

Just bought Lightroom, and Filmic Pro for Android, and bought a DJi Osmo 2 mobile Gimbal.

Loving it.

Plenty viewing in those videos..Thanks to the OP 


How are you finding Filmic Pro? I have it for iOS (and the Cinema Kit) and I've been tempted to get it for Android, but I don't as yet see a need for it on the Xperia 1 because of Cinema Pro and also as @GilgameshUK has said, there is no 21.9 option. Do you also have the Cinema Kit?

Highlighted
Message 15 of 20
434 Views
Message 15 of 20

Re: My camera software update wishlist

Im enjoying what I've seen of it so far.

Initially I bought it as I just had credit on the Play Store, and splurged on it on a whim.

Yeah no 21:9 was a bit of a let down, but it does work quite well, and as I delve deeper, the Cinematographic pack I might buy in the future.

I've looked at the videos and information on it, but Cinema Pro is the one I've been falling back on.

 

It does seem to be an excellent app, and I'm surprised that in the video showing off the pack, just how that girl with her always moving shaky hands, is able to shoot such clear and concise video, with amazing results, so there's hope for me yet..Grinning Face with smiling Eyes

 

@GilgameshUK, have you got a Gimbal yet?

I bought the DJi Osmo mobile 2 refurb on that auction site for £60.

The only thing missing was the official manual, but I did get a an a4 printed one, and it does appear it will last the whole 15 or so hours, and charges my phone when not on, so alls well.

 

 

Highlighted
Talent
Message 16 of 20
427 Views
Message 16 of 20

Re: My camera software update wishlist


@RottenFoxBreath wrote:

Im enjoying what I've seen of it so far.

Initially I bought it as I just had credit on the Play Store, and splurged on it on a whim.

Yeah no 21:9 was a bit of a let down, but it does work quite well, and as I delve deeper, the Cinematographic pack I might buy in the future.

I've looked at the videos and information on it, but Cinema Pro is the one I've been falling back on.

 

It does seem to be an excellent app, and I'm surprised that in the video showing off the pack, just how that girl with her always moving shaky hands, is able to shoot such clear and concise video, with amazing results, so there's hope for me yet..Grinning Face with smiling Eyes

 

@GilgameshUK, have you got a Gimbal yet?

I bought the DJi Osmo mobile 2 refurb on that auction site for £60.

The only thing missing was the official manual, but I did get a an a4 printed one, and it does appear it will last the whole 15 or so hours, and charges my phone when not on, so alls well.

 

 


No as i tried to get one second hand, but EBAY people can be foolish at times, someone paid £79 for a Smooth 4 SECOND HAND, when you can buy them new at £80. Will get one next pay day and I was HOPING the Sony would have got themselves together and sorted out the 4k stability issues, but alas even on the August update not a chance as its just  a security patch.

 

So I have kind of given up on Sony EVER fixing the 4k stability issue, so gimbal it is for me, as I shoot film all the time and being an IMDB credited actor also I need video stability. Sony's lack stability out and Smooth 4 Gimbal Stability in! Grinning Face

Highlighted
Message 17 of 20
414 Views
Message 17 of 20

Re: My camera software update wishlist

I've just received this from Filmic support, regarding the 21:9 issue:

 

Hi,

21:9 Aspect Ratio support is something we will be looking at as we continue to debug our Xperia 1 test devices. If we can find a viable way to include this precise aspect ratio as well as optimize our UI for the Xperia1 screen, we'll certainly take a run at it in the future. For now, you should be able to adequately capture comparable cinemascope resolution by using our 2.39:1 aspect ratio option. Furthermore, we do support the use of Anamorphic lenses and the option to desqueeze the preview can be found in FiLMiC Pro's hardware menu.

Please let me know if you have additional questions and I will be happy to assist.

 

Hopefully, they do continue with their work, it would be an awesome step in the right direction.

Highlighted
Talent
Message 18 of 20
411 Views
Message 18 of 20

Re: My camera software update wishlist

Pretty much the same as they told me apart from the anamorphic lens bit. Not really likely to buy an anamorphic lens for an Xperia 1 considering!

Highlighted
Adept
Message 19 of 20
407 Views
Message 19 of 20

Re: My camera software update wishlist

For 4k video try using hevc format and uncheck stablity..

More smoth than using video stabilization

Talent
Message 20 of 20
398 Views
Message 20 of 20

Re: My camera software update wishlist

already tried that as you can see on my sony xperia fan channel-it doesnt work.


@blegs wrote:

For 4k video try using hevc format and uncheck stablity..

More smoth than using video stabilization