account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Let's talk about the screen

Highlighted
Message 11 of 15
Message 11 of 15

Re: Let's talk about the screen

Diamond pentile does not mean it's Samsung, whatever weibo say.

@ds2mph wrote:

@Viridis wrote:

Not a clue, but I know it's P-oled so therefore not Samsung (like many places reporting)

Whoever it is have done well, very, very well.

It's Samsung AMOLED

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4378494446276227#comment

Screenshot_20190601-225752.png

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 12 of 15
Message 12 of 15

Isolating screen out of other X1 issues I hope sony will fix the below with upcoming software repair: 

1. Low brightness
2. Lack of vivid mode

Highlighted
Message 13 of 15
Message 13 of 15

I really don't see any issues with it...

Brightness is not that low, it's just slightly lower than the XZ3, which was one of the brightest screens, brighter than the S9 and iPhone XS when I compared them live...

And also it's probably mostly just percieved brighness because the colours are now perfectly balanced and the XZ3 still was on a bit of a cold side in Standard mode, which is more of a trick to make the whites appear brighter.

From that point, I will not miss the unnatural super vivid mode because I never used it anyway, but maybe they should add it back for people who are used to it.

Talent
Message 14 of 15
Message 14 of 15

@Viridis wrote:

Diamond pentile does not mean it's Samsung, whatever weibo say.

@ds2mph wrote:

@Viridis wrote:

Not a clue, but I know it's P-oled so therefore not Samsung (like many places reporting)

Whoever it is have done well, very, very well.

It's Samsung AMOLED

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4378494446276227#comment

Screenshot_20190601-225752.png

AIDA64 is such an idiot app Rolling on the Floor laughingRolling on the Floor laughing This is the pixel array of Pixel 2 XL (LG P-OLED)

Below is XZ3 (LG P-OLED)

And below is pixel array of Xperia 1 (Samsung AMOLED)88155b1dgy1g3m0150hbjj21400u0u17.jpg 

Below is Galaxy S9 (Samsung AMOLED)dd

Highlighted
Message 15 of 15
Message 15 of 15

You realise that if you rotate the images shown for xz3 and Xperia 1 they match yeah

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.