account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Issue with network dropping

Regular
Message 1 of 150
Message 1 of 150

Issue with network dropping

My network coverage keeps dropping I spoke with EE my network provider. They sent me a new SIM card, this has not fixed the problem and I'm stuck for what to do. This happens at completely random times.

149 REPLIES 149
Highlighted
Talent
Message 2 of 150
Message 2 of 150

Re: Issue with network dropping

Does this only happen when your in a building? 

Regular
Message 3 of 150
Message 3 of 150

No anywhere sometimes it drops and reconnects several times in a matter of 1 minute I've reset network settings I've reset app permissions and settings I've reset my Google settings I'm close to factory wiping the phone but since it's network issue I know this won't help

Regular
Message 4 of 150
Message 4 of 150

I've also tried my partners SIM card and this doesn't have any issues 

Message 5 of 150
Message 5 of 150

I'm not suggesting anything because I have no experience, I used Three for a couple of days on my Xperia 1 and now I'm on O2... No issues at all.

But from what I read, EE is just now switching on their 5G network for the first time. Not sure why that would cause issues, but it's possible there's something about it that might cause this problem.

Regular
Message 6 of 150
Message 6 of 150

I'm getting wifi cut outs but not sim cut outs

Sage
Message 7 of 150
Message 7 of 150

I've just moved to EE for this phone, and I've had loads of network dropouts too. I also have a tablet with an EE data SIM in it, and have not experienced such problems in this area (Camden) over the last few weeks (although I haven't used the tablet much in the last 2 days, as I've been playing with my nice new X1!) 

Adviser
Message 8 of 150
Message 8 of 150

I am getting the same thing on mine, EE as well. 

I noticed that when the 4g drops out its just like the data has been turned off manually. I watched the mobile data button on the pull down menu go off and on a few times without me touching it. 

Did a screen record of it too. Seems like a software thing? Not sure, it's annoying that much I know.

Sage
Message 9 of 150
Message 9 of 150

I think it's more likely to be an EE network problem, given how a few of us are getting this on EE, and no-one else on other networks seems to be reporting it. I've noticed problems still earlier today in London

Adviser
Message 10 of 150
Message 10 of 150

Mine is doing the same thing, it's definitely a major problem for me, any solution?