account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Help please trash Bin?where can i find it

Apprentice
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Help please trash Bin?where can i find it

When you deleted files is it totaly disappeared? Or  the deleted files goes to any trash bin? Does  SonyXperia  phone has a trash bin?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Help please trash Bin?where can i find it

There is no general system-wide trashbin.

Usually when you delete a file it's gone.

However, it depends on the app you are using to delete something. There are several file managers in the store that have a trashbin function (I'm using File Commander, for example). There are also photo gallery apps with such a feature.

So a trashbin-functionality is possible but is has to be implemented in the app you are using to delete a specific file.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: Help please trash Bin?where can i find it

Hi @Janine39, welcome to our forum!

@skycamefalling pretty much covered it all! As per standard there is no trash bin/recycle bin in Android devices, but some applications may have one available.

As far as I know, you need to delete the file using this application to be able to recover it, so for example, if you delete a photo in the Album application, it will not show up in the trash bin in for example, File Commander. @skycamefalling can probably confirm or deny this though! Slightly smiling Face

Have a nice day!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.