account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Help please trash Bin?where can i find it

Apprentice
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

Help please trash Bin?where can i find it

When you deleted files is it totaly disappeared? Or  the deleted files goes to any trash bin? Does  SonyXperia  phone has a trash bin?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Re: Help please trash Bin?where can i find it

There is no general system-wide trashbin.

Usually when you delete a file it's gone.

However, it depends on the app you are using to delete something. There are several file managers in the store that have a trashbin function (I'm using File Commander, for example). There are also photo gallery apps with such a feature.

So a trashbin-functionality is possible but is has to be implemented in the app you are using to delete a specific file.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

Hi @Janine39, welcome to our forum!

@skycamefalling pretty much covered it all! As per standard there is no trash bin/recycle bin in Android devices, but some applications may have one available.

As far as I know, you need to delete the file using this application to be able to recover it, so for example, if you delete a photo in the Album application, it will not show up in the trash bin in for example, File Commander. @skycamefalling can probably confirm or deny this though! Slightly smiling Face

Have a nice day!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

It must be one, because i have Recycle Bin too. Searched trough my external hdd, but nothing. At the moment i have 47 items in my Recycle Bin. I have a Sony Bravia KD49XF7596 android tv(Oreo 8.0 system sw) and using the stock Video app, to watch videos.

Picture

P.S: check the forum engine pls. Cant upload any direct images, because it kills the box, and cant edit or see my post/image.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

Hi @talos86,

It might be different on a TV and since this forum is only for Xperia devices (phones and tablets), I won't be able to help you with your TV. Please get in touch with Sony Electronics on the link below and they will gladly assist you with your TV.

https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/

I hope that helps! Slightly smiling Face

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

Talent
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

Would it be possible to add a trash bin function to Album and Video apps? 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

Hi @azzido2,

I use Google Photos when I delete pictures and videos for that specific reason since that application has a recycle bin and if I don't empty it, it will keep the deleted photos and videos there for 60 days, so I have plenty of time to restore them if I make a mistake when deleting them.

There are also 3rd party file "browsers" that has this feature, but as far as I know, it only works if you delete the file using that specific app.

If you haven't used Google Photos, I would recommend trying it out, just not for the recycle bin, but also for the great backup and restore features.

Talent
Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

@Jonas wrote:

Hi @azzido2,

I use Google Photos when I delete pictures and videos for that specific reason since that application has a recycle bin and if I don't empty it, it will keep the deleted photos and videos there for 60 days, so I have plenty of time to restore them if I make a mistake when deleting them.

There are also 3rd party file "browsers" that has this feature, but as far as I know, it only works if you delete the file using that specific app.

If you haven't used Google Photos, I would recommend trying it out, just not for the recycle bin, but also for the great backup and restore features.

Hi Jonas, thanks for reply but I do not like any stock google apps and I disabled google photos. My question was for sony's album app which is more superior. Thank you. 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

@azzido2, oh I see!

I'm not sure how much the app is still being developed and if new features will be added, but I can of course forward the feedback! Slightly smiling Face

Have a nice day and thank you!