account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Google Photos

SOLVED
Highlighted
Visitor
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Google Photos

Hello all,

Please can someone advise me how to move/ all of my photos from Google Photos into my phone storage? I recently moved from iPhone to Xperia and transferred my data via Google Drive, however it appears to only be in the Drive now and there isn't a way of bulk-moving them to my phone storage.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: Google Photos

Hi @Deaf_Guy and welcome to our community! Slightly smiling Face

As you mentioned, there is no function available in the photos app enabling you to bulk-move images and videos from the photos app to the to the internal storage. You can save photos from the photos app one by one, but as this might be a bit tedious work, I have found that the easiest thing to do is to open photos through a browser and download the photos from there.

Open chrome > Enter https://photos.google.com/ > Mark the photos that you want to save to the internal storage > Tap the menu icon (three vertical dots) in the top right corner > Tap Download.

I hope that helped, let me know if you have any further questions! 

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Hi @Deaf_Guy and welcome to our community! Slightly smiling Face

As you mentioned, there is no function available in the photos app enabling you to bulk-move images and videos from the photos app to the to the internal storage. You can save photos from the photos app one by one, but as this might be a bit tedious work, I have found that the easiest thing to do is to open photos through a browser and download the photos from there.

Open chrome > Enter https://photos.google.com/ > Mark the photos that you want to save to the internal storage > Tap the menu icon (three vertical dots) in the top right corner > Tap Download.

I hope that helped, let me know if you have any further questions! 

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

View solution in original post

Visitor
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Hi Martin,

Thank you very much, this has solved my issue Slightly smiling Face it's a shame there's no bulk selecting facility but at least it gives the option to download the media!

I have a separate question which is mostly unrelated, should I start as new discussion for it or can I ask here?

Thanks again

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

No worries @Deaf_Guy, I am just glad to be of assistance! 

You can ask it here if you want, fire away Slightly smiling Face

Visitor
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Thank you, I appreciate that Slightly smiling Face

The other thing I'm struggling with is how to move my app data from my iPhone to Xperia, such as whatsapp for example. I have logged into WhatsApp and it retrieved my chats, however the actual content of the chats is blank so I've lost all that data it seems. Do you know how I can resolve this?

This is my first time changing from iOS to Android so it's a huge learning curve!

Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

It is a big move indeed @Deaf_Guy , I did the same thing a few years ago. It took some time adjusting but as it is now I prefer Android every day of the week! Slightly smiling Face

I am afraid that my support on What's App is a bit limited due to the fact that it is an app manufactured by a third party. But to my knowledge, What's App is supposed to have their own backup function. On Android it is found by opening the app > Tap the menu icon (three vertical dots) in the top right corner > Tap settings > Chats > Chat backup.

I don't know if it is the same on IOS but it is worth a try. If that does not work, it might be a good idea to get in contact with What's apps own support team using the link below. 

https://www.whatsapp.com/contact/

I hope that helped a little bit at least! Slightly smiling Face