account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Frustrated: Free Headphones Xperia 1

Enthusiast
Message 61 of 112
Message 61 of 112

Re: Free Sony Headphones With Xperia 1

@OOL wrote:

There are only 1000 units EU wide available, so these units are not just shared between the first 1000 O2 and CPW UK customers that claim. Its understandable why we are all a bit panicky.

Small point but this it's not correct.

The CPW offer was limited to 1,000 units but the other sources were not limited.

And regards CPW, they got their first batch of 1,000 XP1's, so they knew everyone who claimed the headphones by the deadline would get a pair. They knew they had enough headphones to supply everyone who had managed get an XP1 from their first batch.

I know this because I asked them to confirm it in writing before I placed my order for the XP1, and they did.

OOL
Adviser
Message 62 of 112
Message 62 of 112

I am only going on some articles I read prior to the Xperia pre-orders going live on May 15th. I read 3 or 4 articles all stating that the offer is europe wide and only 1000 units available. One article included several EU retailers included in the pool. I tried searching for some of these articles tonight to paste links here, but they have either been edited or achived.

I phoned Kondor before preordering on the 16th as the T&Cs were a little confusing as to when the actual claim period is at the time, and the lady I spoke to also seemed to be under the impression that the offer was open europe wide with only 1000 headsets available, but obviously that was a phone conversion, so unfortunatley I can offer no proof, unless someone else here also read the same tech news articles I did...

Sage
Message 63 of 112
Message 63 of 112

I read all the terms and conditions for every offer. CW had 1000 headphones on offer, O2 had umlimited headphones, Sony had (from memory, as it's no longer online) 135.

Highlighted
Learner
Message 64 of 112
Message 64 of 112

Please to say I received my headphones today 09.00.   

This was with the o2 offer

Adviser
Message 65 of 112
Message 65 of 112

Mine just turned up. 

Picked up phone on release day from CPW and put claim in about 10am that day (30th May).

Regular
Message 66 of 112
Message 66 of 112

I haven't received a dispatch email. Has anyone's headphones arrived without receiving a dispatch email beforehand? 

Regular
Message 67 of 112
Message 67 of 112

I ordered mine on launch day but I didn't claim for the headphones until closer to midnight on that day. No dispatch email or headphones yet

Message 68 of 112
Message 68 of 112

@Marshfriend wrote:

I haven't received a dispatch email. Has anyone's headphones arrived without receiving a dispatch email beforehand? 

I believe mine just turned up at home, I never had dispatch email

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Learner
Message 69 of 112
Message 69 of 112

Received mine this morning I had no previous contact from company or royal mail,I'm with o2.

Adept
Message 70 of 112
Message 70 of 112

My headphone came today by royal mail also.

No email notifications.