account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Filmic pro Xperia 1

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 11 of 12
Message 11 of 12

Re: Filmic pro Xperia 1

Your right about vlog2. 

Filmic Pro team did a great job in getting into the software to gain the vlog2 feature. It is kinda better (than just the straight 8bit frame), in some circumstances, if you are doing post work. But you cannot make something out of nothing. So it is a handy feature, if your phone has an 8bit sensor. 

On the other hand. The X1's 10 bit 4.2.0 color gamut has much more color information in the frame. These layered sensors do a great job, at a low cost of getting this gamut.  Much more information than 8 bit, obs. (by 2 bits haha). 

I did ask the filmic team if they will look into 10 bit on their app. They said they would take a run at it if it's possible. My guess is that they will. I will bet that apple, sammy and the others will put 10 bit sensors in their handsets soon enough. So it is in the app developers interest. 

Just for completeness - the LG 30 and 40 (i think) have a 10 bit sensor, but they encode downwards in software. Sony (AFAIK) are the only phones with working 10bit 4.2.0 rec2020.

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 12 of 12
Message 12 of 12

Re: Filmic pro Xperia 1

The flares on the moondog and the beastgrip anamorphic lenses are very nice. I would really like the option to shoot full frame in cinema pro, so that the lens could come into it's own, nice and big widescreen frames. 

With the anamorphic on the 21:9 - we get a very, very wide frame. I kinda like it. But would prefer the stretched full frame. On the standard camera app, the 10bit anamorphic frame looks great. But no control over the shutter, iso or focus. Slightly frowning Face