account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Does Xperia 1 use Samsung's camera sensor?

SOLVED
Message 31 of 34
Message 31 of 34

Re: Does Xperia 1 use Samsung's camera sensor?

@ds2mph wrote:

Samsung semiconductor isocell sensors, Samsung Display 4K AMOLED, Samsung LPDDR4x Ram and UFS 2.1 Rom.. everything is Samsung Rolling on the Floor laughing

Sony hasn't used Samsung Amoled so far, why would they now?

I believe they use both hynix and Samsung for ram

Same with storage..

But ...

Turn those tables shall we,..

How many phones our there have Sony cameras? You know, the phones that build all their marketing, around that Sony camera.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Talent
Message 32 of 34
Message 32 of 34

Even if those 2 additional cameras are shamesung it doesn't means it will be very bad. 
As long as they will make proper use of it I am fine with it. We will see once device is released. 

However, I would like they use only their sensors but it is not that important to me. 
It's normal in smartphone world that companies are using components from other manufacturers. 
And not only in smartphone world but in general too. 

Talent
Message 33 of 34
Message 33 of 34

@viridis wrote:

@ds2mph wrote:

Samsung semiconductor isocell sensors, Samsung Display 4K AMOLED, Samsung LPDDR4x Ram and UFS 2.1 Rom.. everything is Samsung Rolling on the Floor laughing

Same with storage..

But ...

How many phones our there have Sony cameras? You know, the phones that build all their marketing, around that Sony camera.

Samsung offered Top-class AMOLED display (4K HDR BT.2020 120Hz) to Sony mobile, instead Sony mobile uses Samsung ISOCELL image sensors on Xperia 1.

Highlighted
Message 34 of 34
Message 34 of 34

@ds2mph wrote:

@viridis wrote:

@ds2mph wrote:

Same with storage..

But ...

Samsung offered Top-class AMOLED display (4K HDR BT.2020 120Hz) to Sony mobile, instead Sony mobile uses Samsung ISOCELL image sensors on Xperia 1.

So Samsung offered Sony better panels than they use themselves?

That would be a bit odd to say the least

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.