account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Cinema pro and gimbals.

Talent
Message 11 of 19
Message 11 of 19

Re: Cinema pro and gimbals.

Speaking of which S, saw a Smooth 4 going second hand on fleabay, sometimes fleabayers can be stupid as it went for £79 plus postage.

Can get them new for that. 

Adept
Message 12 of 19
Message 12 of 19

Cool, I live in Haworth.

Adept
Message 13 of 19
Message 13 of 19

Ha ha! A win for the seller at least!

Highlighted
Message 14 of 19
Message 14 of 19

In regards of using the cinema pro more, I've found that the shutter speed in daylight is higher than the 180 rule of 2x frame rate, this is obviously fixed with ND filters on usual cameras and video recorders but with the phones, we have to increase shutter speed to counter blown highlights.

Myself (and I wouldn't recommend doing so) I've trimmed a 52mm screw thread to 2mm wide and bonded it to the back of my case. Now I can add 52mm filters whilst using my gimbal.DSC_0216.JPG

DSC_0213.JPG

20190715_102822.jpg

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Adviser
Message 15 of 19
Message 15 of 19

Nice work!  That's given me an idea. I have a friend who can do 3d printing. A case with a 52mm hole would be a nice accessory. 

Adviser
Message 16 of 19
Message 16 of 19

On eBay there was someone selling customer returns, and I picked mine up for £50, which was a right bargain.

Talent
Message 17 of 19
Message 17 of 19

Yeah I'll wait until next month. 

Adept
Message 18 of 19
Message 18 of 19

Great minds think alike! I've done something very similar. I purchased from Amazon a cheap phone case and a 55mm-52mm step down ring. I then CNC cut a plastic ring which I stuck to the case with VHB tape. The hole in the plastic ring was cut so that the 55mm thread fit tighltly and would not come loose. I can now easily attach and remove my 52mm variable ND filter.

IMG_1305.JPGIMG_1304.JPGIMG_1307.JPGIMG_1308.JPG

Message 19 of 19
Message 19 of 19

@bumbling wrote:

On eBay there was someone selling customer returns, and I picked mine up for £50, which was a right bargain.

Not gonna lie, that's where I got mine from, and probably the same seller.

From what I can see, mines a factory refurbished one, and yeah, nothing wrong with it at all.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.