account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Can't receive animated GIFS Verizon

Message 21 of 24
Message 21 of 24

Re: Can't receive animated GIFS Verizon

It would appear that Verizon only support MMS and RCS protocol (Rich Communication Services)  for the Pixel 3 and Pixel 3XL, using standard Messages, as it's all done on Googles servers.

Otherwise if you are on Verizon you have to use Messages+, as it's all done on Verizons servers.

So not a Sony issue, it's a Verizon issue.

So it's a big departure from MMS/SMS in so much as they incurred call charges, now MMS/RCS chat, etc use your data..So I guess they won't want to lose their cut at the moment.

Adviser
Message 22 of 24
Message 22 of 24

I do not think it's exactly a Verizon issue. My P2XL receives just fine, as well as others that I have sent messages to using various devices. I think it's more of a Sony issue WITH Verizon.

Message 23 of 24
Message 23 of 24

Google phones use Google servers though. 

And they are concentrating the release and update of RCS and other updated multimedia features in the UK and France from July, other countries and networks will have to wait their turn.

Google said that the networks were taking too long so they have taken steps to gradually update everything and eventually use their servers rather than rely on networks to do it.

Enthusiast
Message 24 of 24
Message 24 of 24

I am assuming this all falls into a similar category as iPhone and their iMessage servers.

But again I have had other devices on VZW and they all allowed GIFs, but this is my first device that has been CDMA-less with them.