account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Can't receive animated GIFS Verizon

Adviser
Message 1 of 24
Message 1 of 24

Can't receive animated GIFS Verizon

As the title says, I can't receive animated GIFS. I can see and send them just fine, but when I receive one, it's just a still picture. Anyone else have this issue? I've tried the stock Google messages app, and others. 

23 REPLIES 23
Enthusiast
Message 2 of 24
Message 2 of 24

Re: Can't receive animated GIFS Verizon

Same issue I receive them but they no longer play. Using stock messaging app on VZW.

Adviser
Message 3 of 24
Message 3 of 24

Okay, it's not just me. I've chatted with VZW, they did a "diagnostic" on my account. Everything is supposedly good to go on their end. I've even had someone with an Xperia 1 using another network send me one, same result.

Enthusiast
Message 4 of 24
Message 4 of 24

Sounds like a Sony software issue that doesn't play well with the stock messanger app. Only way is if someone not on VZW is having the same issue.

Adviser
Message 5 of 24
Message 5 of 24

That's what I'm thinking. The other guy I mentioned was on T-Mobile.

Enthusiast
Message 6 of 24
Message 6 of 24

GIFS work fine on Facebook Messenger just gave that a try.

Adviser
Message 7 of 24
Message 7 of 24

Hmm... Nothing makes sense as to why it wouldn't work through text. I've even tried using a different text app, same results.

Enthusiast
Message 8 of 24
Message 8 of 24

Post update of both OS and app, same story. My out going gifs play just fine but not incoming.

Adviser
Message 9 of 24
Message 9 of 24

Same here.

Enthusiast
Message 10 of 24
Message 10 of 24

Where is the support when you need them? Ugh