account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Camera issues

Talent
Message 41 of 61
Message 41 of 61

Re: Camera issues

Yeah no vapor chamber or similar solution.

Enthusiast
Message 42 of 61
Message 42 of 61

@Urrl wrote:

At 60fps the camera shut off soon after 3 minutes today.Screenshot_20190807-175434.png

Are you in a very warm environment? I've just tested my X1 recording at 60fps in 1080p and after 8 minutes, no problem. Phone not even warm. Also, did you have any apps running in the background that could possibly have been CPU intensive?

I was shooting in 2K using Cinema Pro in 40 degree heat a few weeks ago and thats the only time I had problems with the phone overheating, but under those temperatures, I wasn't surprised.

Enthusiast
Message 43 of 61
Message 43 of 61

@ToffenDask wrote:

I'm definitely not a photographer, but my wife has been very vocal about how *awful* the shots I contribute to the family Google Photos collection have been since I started using my Xperia 1 - and this is me coming from a puny Xperia XZ1 in the past. I might have a lemon, but interesting to see how others are finding the camera

Well, I for one think the camera on the Xperia 1 is great. I've got, what I consider, some really good shots from this phone. Great colours, sharp (on most) and good in low light. Hopefully the samples I've attached will show up below...

DSC_0036_1.JPGLas Vegas StripDSC_0039_1.JPGEiffel Tower, Las VegasDSC_0048.JPGContainer Park, Las VegasDSC_0070.JPGSan FranciscoDSC_0073.JPGSan FranciscoDSC_0106.JPGCalifornia Academy of Sciences, San FranciscoDSC_0112.JPGCalifornia Academy of Sciences, San FranciscoDSC_0119.JPGCalifornia Academy of Sciences, San FranciscoDSC_0124.JPGPier 39, San FranciscoDSC_0051.JPGContainer Park, Las Vegas

Inhabitant
Message 44 of 61
Message 44 of 61

No apps running in background. Air conditioned room. 60fps. This time it overheated and shut down within 2 minutes.Screenshot_20190808-150555.png

Message 45 of 61
Message 45 of 61

Well, your phone is faulty, so get it repaired or replaced in warranty if applicable.

Get in touch with your local Sony Support service, and take it from there.

Enthusiast
Message 46 of 61
Message 46 of 61

@RottenFoxBreath wrote:

Well, your phone is faulty, so get it repaired or replaced in warranty if applicable.

Get in touch with your local Sony Support service, and take it from there.

I agree.

Either faulty or there's something running in the background that's not showing. Have you tried shutting the phone down completely then rebooting?

Pioneer
Message 47 of 61
Message 47 of 61

Settings, find consuming apps.

Maybe there's a clue there.

who knows knows
who doesn't doesn't
Talent
Message 48 of 61
Message 48 of 61

In order to give you a better and more comprehensive answer than the last post.

I performed a little experiment for you, as you know in my last post:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quB9bEVkJNI&t=54s

The first time I went through taking photos and showing that there are no issues, it mentioned the temperature warning.

However knowing this i figured out what was causing the issue, it was the SCREEN RECORDER that was trying to take over and use the same API as the camera. It COULD be something running in the back ground

So unlike the last post here is something more concrete to get your teeth into and I hope this helps.

Testing to show that in good light the lenses swap fast and saves quickly.
Inhabitant
Message 49 of 61
Message 49 of 61

Out of curiosity I downloaded Filmic Pro for $15 and used the same settings; 1080p at 60fps. I recorded 10 minutes of video with no overheating issues. Looks like Sony's software needs updating. I will keep researching this but so far so good. Thanks for all the tips and advice guys.

Highlighted
Talent
Message 50 of 61
Message 50 of 61

Glad to helpSlightly smiling Face

For your information, just examined your issue in more depth.

I formatted my phone completely (reset to factory defaults) and took out the SD card.

Making sure the phone had no other software installed I opened up the video app and selected video and 1080p 60fps option. Before i pressed RECORD button the warning 'features will be disabled as the temperature rises'

THIS IS NOT AN ERROR, this is simply a warning SHOULD the temp rise (this is in a room with an AMBIENT TEMP of 10c as i was cooling my computer with LN2 at the time) this warning is simply telling you what will happen SHOULD the temp rise.

So I simply ignore the temp, next pay day I will purchase a LASER temperature gun and map out all the heat spots (front and back ) when recording on this phone at normal room temps.

1080p

1080p hdr

1080p 60 fps

4k no hdr and

4k hdr with cinema pro

SO in short the warning I got and it ONLY comes up ONCE for me i could open up the camera app a 100 times but only on one instance did it display that warning.  It only comes up again if I reset the cache (power button and volume up combo) or should i Reformat the phone.