account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Camera issues

Talent
Message 31 of 61
Message 31 of 61

Re: Camera issues

Can you speak in English please?

Inhabitant
Message 32 of 61
Message 32 of 61

In reality i did a lot of testing. First off the 2x lens has a higer f-stop which means that it lets less light through the lens.  So its actually super smart that the phone desides to switch to the f1.6 lens in low light darker situations.  It knows for the most part when the image quality is going to be better using the f1.6 than the f2.4 lens.  However, I do think there should be a way to manually force a 2x lens when absolutly necessary.  That being said 2x using the 1.6 lens is actually relatively decent.

Apprentice
Message 33 of 61
Message 33 of 61

I have two mayor complaints:

- camara fails to focus objects some times, it's annoying

- 4k video keeps dropping frames, with or without HDR enabled. 

These are majors issues that i hope sony fix ASAP

Enthusiast
Message 34 of 61
Message 34 of 61

I have the exact issues with my phone, the first one i had the same issues as well so i got a new one and it got the same camera problems after the june update and it still hasen´t been fixed i just got the july update!

For a phone that costs 9500 swedish kronor it´s unaccaptable and with no fix so far..

I keep sending Sony Mobile proof of these issues through facebook chat, images and video. I use a screen recorder to make the videos so they can see what i´m talking about. Now they only read and watches the messages i send and absolutly no responds back from them about this.. 

I getting quite sick of this ignorance. It´s a top tier phone and should perform as one in all areas but it doesn´t. 

If things does not improve via software updates then this will be my last Sony Mobile phone after 13 years of only using Xperias! 

Inhabitant
Message 35 of 61
Message 35 of 61

Although I am well pleased with the fingerprint recognition I do agree with much of what you said. Although the Xperia has less noise in low light situations than my Galaxy S8 the S8 has more detail in photos. I'm considering trading it in when the Galaxy Note 10 is available unless Sony corrects at least some of these shortcomings

Message 36 of 61
Message 36 of 61

Do you have any examples to back up that statement?

Talent
Message 37 of 61
Message 37 of 61

Hey mate, as you well know I can back up the Camera instability in video.

Gods I have proven it many times already.

However I find no real issues with still photography- though the HDR on both still and video is very weak.

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 38 of 61
Message 38 of 61

Yes I found something else. I was in my air conditioned room and decided to do some recording at 60fps. In about 1.5 minutes I got an overheating warning and the camera shut down. This happens again and again. I read a reviewer who had the same problem, J.  Williams, who said as much as he loved Sony he was returning the phone. This problem was not happening to my Xperia before. Was it an update? I love this phone but on top of the 9 things you listed this is the straw that broke the camel's back for me. If nothing is done I will be trading in for a Galaxy Note 10. I restarted the phone but same issue.

https://youtu.be/bbwoF2GbYV0

Sony #Xperia1 #SonyXperia1 *(Please note)* Folks, please comment on this video...but please do not use bad language. ie cursing, attacks on others for this view, name calling, etc. I will be forced to delete your comment. I want you all to have a good conversations, but not with any vulgar things
Talent
Message 39 of 61
Message 39 of 61

I think noise reduction is too agressive hence many details are lost and overall picture is very soft. No more feeling of sharp, detailed pictures of high contrast ratio Slightly frowning Face

Inhabitant
Message 40 of 61
Message 40 of 61

At 60fps the camera shut off soon after 3 minutes today.Screenshot_20190807-175434.png