Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.
It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.
2019-04-01 12:41 AM
Hello, I'd like to express my disappointment that Sony has abandoned its typical design (dedicated camera button + 3.5mm headphone jack + bezels) which made it stand out and now follows the trend of pointless changes by dropping the headphone jack in flagships or the camera button in mid-range devices - providing solutions that seek to solve problems which don't even exist! The 21:9 display seems logical idea for multitasking and I support it (although it would be nice to have various display ratio options). In my opinion forcing customers to choose either a dedicated camera button or a 3.5mm headphones jack in the latest smartphones line (Xperia 1, 10, 10 Plus) is the first step of Sony losing its identity and blindly imitating others. I believe there are lots of people, who like me hate notches/punch-holes, rounded display corners (which take away screen area) and bezelless designs (which make holding the phone difficult without covering the display with hands). I hope that other fans will also join and take the time to express their frustration with the latest changes and make Sony design teams listen. Otherwise we'll quietly vote with our wallets. I hope this helps Sony to revise its designs for future models. Thank you.
2019-04-02 10:33 PM
Oh look at the compatibility list!
Headphone jack compatible!
Stereo Headset STH32
2019-04-08 10:17 AM - edited 2019-04-08 10:22 AM
When will Sony realise that they are losing their loyal customers over the removal of the headphone jack. I don't understand why Sony has to follow Apple. Some of my friends have the latest flagship Samsung phones with a headphone jack. I will not buy another Sony flagship phone until the headphone jack is bought back. There will be many other customers like me. I also find the 21:9 aspect ratio totally bizarre tbh on the latest Sony phones. Most content especially YouTube is 16:9, therefore when will 21:9 be relevant on a smartphone. Absolutely bizarre thinking in my humble opinion. Hardly anyone is going to watch a full film on such a small screen. Again, what is Sony thinking here?
2019-04-16 12:18 AM
Unfortunately Sony is just another random mark that just tries to find some new growth drivers. Nowadays every phone makers can't make what the future phone could look likes due to technologies not yet ready or discovered (transparent screen, holographic animations and so on like ones you can see in sci-fi movies) so we're seeing some really dumb things like notches, bezelfree screen, dubious display ratios, ridiculous big phones, removal of functionality that isn't replaced with something better (removed mainly for the sake of saying "we got something new!" and larger profits ala Apple's greediness frenzy) 🙄
If they remained stuck with logical choices like headphones jack plug, bezels to handle phones comfortably, regulars screen ratios, etc. most of people (shareholder, hipsters, and others dudes like that) would yell like angry kids.
2019-04-16 07:46 AM - edited 2019-04-16 07:47 AM
Why Sony give Mr. JACK and FM Radio only to mid-range products like Xperia L3,10,10+ ?? Weird...
2019-04-17 05:48 PM - edited 2019-04-17 07:42 PM
Yes, bring the headphone jack back, or even the ridiculous screw version from your DSLR.
Oh, don't forget powered 5-pole noise-canceling.
I don't know enough to understand, but phantom power audio jack for noise-canceling lavaliers.
Maybe not the male version.
2019-05-22 11:33 AM
They removed the jack, dedicated camera button, fm radio, moved the finger print sensor... just to make an ordinary phone like many others. They lost the unique look of their phones and also lost their loyal customers.
2019-08-24 01:19 PM
Yep totally agree. I've been loyal to Sony phones for the entire time sony have made phones, including Sony erricson pre-smart era, but I stupidly bought the XZ3 and haaaaate it with a passion.
Pretty much hate everything about it...
- constantly having to touch the screen twice to get it to register the press
- the slippery smooth exterior that requires a case for grip otherwise its like holding an eel
- the sluggishness of the OS, constant freezing
- the stupid curved screen which makes selecting the edges impossible (so frustrating for emails!)
- the fingerprint scanner on the back so unlocking in a cradle or on a flat surface is impossible and constantly accidentally smudge the camera instead
- the diabolically frustrating "wake" screen or whatever its called that shows you the clock... And after nearly a year of owning this phone I still don't know whether the screen is on or off and it requires about 3 actions to unlock the **bleep** thing!! Then if its showing the clock I instinctively press the lock button, thinking it will close the phone but it unlocks it instead! Worst user design I've ever seen on any phone I've ever had.
- double tap to unlock is no longer available... As that stupid wake screen needs to be active, so double tapping takes you to that wake screen then you have to double tap again (!) to get into the phone! Makes double tap completely pointless and it used to be amazing on the XZ.
- but the most annoying thing on this heap of dog mess of a phone is the lack of Jack.
I was holding out for news of the Xperia2 but now I know it also will be without a jack, Sony is forcing me to change brands for the first time since they've been making phones. I'm going to get a Samsung s10 which is smaller (that's a good thing!), more powerful, and has a jack. Just a shame it has Samsung bloatware on it.
I've literally never not owned a current Sony phone... But they've strayed from the path way too far this time. Toodles, sony.