account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

4K Stab after update is as it was...

Regular
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

4K Stab after update is as it was...

Nothing has bin fixed, as laways. 

https://youtu.be/ibrHGGQf_uY

9 REPLIES 9
Talent
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

Sony must try harder! Stabilisation fix NOW!

serious issue WITH the xperia 1

Sony, how can you let this product go out like this?

Where is your pride in engineering and quality assurance?

I filmed this in Cinema PRO with Yellow LUT and stabilisation is ON on all three lenses.

I filmed this with all three lenses and differing shutter angles.

This stabalisation is horrible even the XZ3 and the xzp EIS only stabilisation is better than this! 

Its obvious the OIS +EIS working together is NOT WORKING. Give it up as a bad job and use OIS only on the wide and telephoto.

Btw im a SONY FAN as you can see by my fan channel, and yet you produce work like this?

fix now please!

Example!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaGKcwUDSHM

one very dissapointed and frustrated Sony fan!

If I were a teacher at a school, i would encircle this stabilisation work with a large red pen and a 

"Must try harder and SEE ME after Class"

THe Americans get this phone today and if they see work like this, they arent going to be patient like us British and Europeans-they will CRUCIFY your work!

Cinema Pro using different lenses, apature settings and a warm yellow filter. Hope next update that SONY dory out 4k stability. Mind you in a heavy footed git anyway.
Talent
Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

Re: 4K Stab after update is as S**t as it was...

This phone should NEVER have been released with an issue like this.

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

Did the update actually say it would improve stabilization? What is the time difference between the two videos?

Regular
Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

But why it shouldn't fix it after 3 updates already?!

This stabilization is worse than in even Xperia XZ. That is NOT acceptable.

Difference is 1 minute. 

Inhabitant
Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

Re: Sony must try harder! Stabilisation fix NOW!

If the electronic stabilization of 5 axes was always the best I do not understand why they put the stupid OIS

Talent
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

OIS is not stupid and is the best stabilisation.

The problem is that OIS+EIS working together.

BOTH in tandem are not working together.

HOWEVER anyone with half a brain would realise, ISSUE  firmware release that turns OFF EIS and allow OIS to operate on its OWN! OIS is far superior and the customers would be happy, this will be a great stop-gap measure. THEN THAT BUYS much needed time to get the EIS working together with OIS.

However the Project Managers at Sony are foolish and have NO IDEA on how to do fixes, personally they should hire me to organise things like that.

I am PRINCE II qualified

Experience in developing hardware to the full project lifecyle.

However I dont speak the language.

What are they doing, they are in their foolish pride trying to get OIS AND EIS working together and meanwhile simply both dont work properly, answer is above. Issue a firmware update that turns off EIS leaving OIS working perfectly then it gives you time to sort things out.

Japan saying: Even Monkeys fall from trees, PRIDE becomes just before a fall!

Talent
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

I will call Sony directly on Tuesday, let us see the state of progress on this issue.

Hopefully I can get through to someone high up in Sony UK

Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

That's the best way, contact them directly, or email them with the videos as sort of proof..

Email addresses are easily found on Google, etc.

Badger, Badger, Badger, then bother them some more...

Talent
Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

Cheers

I apreciate what you are saying, however it isnt just me, its every single customer of the Xperia 1, sadly enough. Slightly frowning Face